Eric Prime

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

16 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Netflix has ruined the entertainment industry. Prove me wrong.

This must be why my Netflix account is chock-full of suggestions for Korean movies and TV shows even though I've only ever watched and liked a single Korean show ever (Squid Game).

stupid shit like this is not cool. you're not going to get payed for every hour people stream the movie, even I think that's pushing it. 

this moron acts as if she was wearing the vecna outfit for 20 hours a day. meanwhile there's women that make 20 dollars an hour wearing that outfit all day at the theme parks.

Streaming services absolutely need to be relegated and I think there should be an agreed upon price but you would see a massive surge in the price per streaming service if something like this would be approved. Which would be the death of streaming services all together.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

I think we as a forum need to agree not to post trash that gives the AMPTP revenue of any kind which when you post links to their articles helps give them money. The same way posting this guys tweets and clicking his profile gives him money as well. 

I sympathize with the sentiment but the reality is these are the only publications that are really covering them on a daily basis at all, and they're just credible enough that they have a certain authority, whether it's perceived or actually true. Without them people pretty much just have twitter ranting to go on.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

stupid shit like this is not cool. you're not going to get payed for every hour people stream the movie, even I think that's pushing it. 

this moron acts as if she was wearing the vecna outfit for 20 hours a day. meanwhile there's women that make 20 dollars an hour wearing that outfit all day at the theme parks.

Streaming services absolutely need to be relegated and I think there should be an agreed upon price but you would see a massive surge in the price per streaming service if something like this would be approved. Which would be the death of streaming services all together.

Actors and Writers used to get paid residuals, which was paid out for every hour people watched their shows/movies on TV. So... what's the difference now? Also moron? If you're at work and you ask for more money, are you a moron? 

Streaming prices have already gone up massively. And none of that money is being distributed to anyone but the executive and "shareholders". Get real my dude.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Honestly it's as good a point as any. Sony probably doesn't give a shit about revealing watch minutes or whatever but Netflix absolutely does 

I just said to @Plain Old Tele last night exactly this:

I feel like I get why WB and Disney are — cause they have so much debt from bad decisions that they are being asinine about saving money — but like … c’mon Viacom/CBS/Paramount, you don’t need any of this shit. your bread and butter is old people tv. You really gonna lose a whole year of network tv, cause Netflix wants to make everything a robot? Girl, please. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, grim22 said:

If they are genuinely serious, the task force recommendation will be to replace CEO with AI. AI can do better cost-benefit analysis without human bias that CEOs bring to the table.

The current CEOs wouldn't actually care if they did that because if they'd get the fattest of checks and a golden parachute retirement if they managed to implement that. It'd only affect lower level executives that wanted to climb up the corporate lader and yeah I doubt they care about those. 

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Actors and Writers used to get paid residuals, which was paid out for every hour people watched their shows/movies on TV. So... what's the difference now? Also moron? If you're at work and you ask for more money, are you a moron? 

Streaming prices have already gone up massively. And none of that money is being distributed to anyone but the executive and "shareholders". Get real my dude.

For some reason a number of people here HATE Rachel Zegler. Don;t ask me why; I was knocked out by her Maria in "West Side Story" and don't get the hate.

• Like 2