Eric Prime

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

11 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Articles have advertising, and Twitter views and engagement on tweets are metrics for success with media outlets.

The trades are all owned by Penske Media which owns member studios of the AMPTP. Some very pro-WGA/SAG people feel the trades have a pro-producer bias in their coverage about the strikes, therefore no one should even link their articles let alone read/discuss their contents. They want everyone to get their strike coverage in other ways.

Man you cannot possibly be this upset about me posting a relevant news story into a thread as some sort of moral failing or whatever the fuck. Christ.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I vaguely remember one of the Transformers movies having the last vfx shots signed off on the morning of the Premiere 

They literally filmed the after credit scene for The Avengers after the hollywood premiere.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Man you cannot possibly be this upset about me posting a relevant news story into a thread as some sort of moral failing or whatever the fuck. Christ.

Not sure why I'm being snapped at? I didn't object to the post in the first place, nor did I say anything about my personal stance on a total boycott of the trades. I was just explaining the sentiments that some extremely pro-SAG/WGA people hold.

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Tron 3 with Jared Leto not exactly the best example for a movie anyone wants

I'm not wishing joblessness on anyone but it baffles me that a third Tron with Jared Leto got greenlit and this far into production.

I wonder if which strike (2007-08 or 2023) will end up having a longer casualty list before it's over.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I'm not wishing joblessness on anyone but it baffles me that a third Tron with Jared Leto got greenlit and this far into production.

All the details about that project so far indicate that Leto is playing the villain and Evan Peters (a hot commodity after Dahmer) is the protagonist. Kinda odd and hilarious to see him being stuck with playing bad guys in Disney movies (will he be trapped in a mocap suit like he is in Haunted Mansion?), but it's more dignified than finding yourself making DTV trash that will come and go with no one caring, I suppose.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

All the details about that project so far indicate that Leto is playing the villain and Evan Peters (a hot commodity after Dahmer) is the protagonist. Kinda odd and hilarious to see him being stuck with playing bad guys in Disney movies (will he be trapped in a mocap suit like he is in Haunted Mansion?), but it's more dignified than finding yourself making DTV trash that will come and go with no one caring, I suppose.

What's hilarious is they could have shaved millions off the Haunted Mansion budget by casting a much cheaper character actor as the Hatbox Ghost. Who at Disney is under the strange impression that Jared Leto is somehow a box office draw?

12 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

What's hilarious is they could have shaved millions off the Haunted Mansion budget by casting a much cheaper character actor as the Hatbox Ghost. Who at Disney is under the strange impression that Jared Leto is somehow a box office draw?

100% this. The audience for Haunted Mansion will show up for the IP, not because Jared Leto is in it. Hollywood execs live in a bubble. 

They should have spent more money on good writers than the cast. 

Edited by Squire
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

I guess they were out of town when Morbius opened, and that his Joker is a major reason why the first Suicide Squad movie has such a bad reputation despite making money.