Eric Furiosa

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

38 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't get why shows which are filming don't switch to just filming inside since members of the WGA wouldn't be allowed to legally picket inside the lot. 

tough to do quick re-write now , only so much lot space that could be booked, and will still be picketed at the gate

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

On 5/9/2023 at 4:42 PM, SpiderByte said:

Don't know why but I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that she's president of SAG-AFTRA. The power of The Nanny reruns!

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I don't get why shows which are filming don't switch to just filming inside since members of the WGA wouldn't be allowed to legally picket inside the lot. 

Due to the reasons others have mentioned, it's probably easier to just shut down temporarily than to plan a change in location...which would probably require a rewrite anyway.

For anyone who’s interested in TV writing and the strike, I recommend the new special podcast episode of “Children of Tendu” — two high-level veteran TV writers breaking down how things have changed in the last decade or two. Javi and Jose are big-time nerds and their conversations are always off-the-cuff and meander into anecdotes and goofy jokes but they always give a lot of info and insight. 

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9jaGlsZHJlbm9mdGVuZHUubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M/episode/MDk3OGRjZjctNWM2NS00YWMxLThkNDQtYTQwN2RkMzQxOGJi
(or just find Children of Tendu in your favorite podcast app)

• Like 2

On 5/9/2023 at 9:49 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

pressure works

Or, more cynically, he just realised that most of the scripts for the next season have not been written, and there was no ttha tmuch to produce anyway.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:53 PM, filmlover said:

Don't know why but I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that she's president of SAG-AFTRA. The power of The Nanny reruns!

Due to the reasons others have mentioned, it's probably easier to just shut down temporarily than to plan a change in location...which would probably require a rewrite anyway.

When the Nanny was on, I used to watch Dreischer on talk shows, and instanly picked up that The Nanny is just a charecter she played, and the real Fron was a very smart woman.

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Or, more cynically, he just realised that most of the scripts for the next season have not been written, and there was no ttha tmuch to produce anyway.

Don’t really see that cynicism is necessary here — it would be clear to anyone whether scripts were finished or not, and if he realized it would be a shit show trying to navigate that process, then it’s an easy realization. 

The Guild’s making a big push that all showrunners step away from the notorious “A thru H” producing sub-clauses anyway, even if they’re a gray area overall. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Shooting for S2 has been going on since November last year and was scheduled to wrap up this August, so no.  It's pretty much exactly the A-H stuff that Tele was mentioning.

Edited by Porthos

6 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Don’t really see that cynicism is necessary here — it would be clear to anyone whether scripts were finished or not, and if he realized it would be a shit show trying to navigate that process, then it’s an easy realization. 

The Guild’s making a big push that all showrunners step away from the notorious “A thru H” producing sub-clauses anyway, even if they’re a gray area overall. 

Now that you are here, Tele, get a nostagia rush for The One Ring last fall when the whole "Rings Of Power" discussion was going on?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Now that you are here, Tele, get a nostagia rush for The One Ring last fall when the whole "Rings Of Power" discussion was going on?

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

I’ve passed into the West when it comes to fandom these days. :lol: I steer clear of pretty much any and all discussion.