Eric the Fall Guy

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

The SAG joining the WGA protest is gonna essentially shut hollywood down completely. This will essentially speed run the process to a result. If it was just the WGA alone it would take months for this to be resolved, with the SAG joining the brigade this can only speed up the process to a resolution being reached.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, dudalb said:

SAG/AFTRA has asked for a strike Authorization vote.

BTW asking the members is just a formality, the strike will be authorized. If a deal is not reached by the given date, the strike is automatic.

The DGA has had a reputation for a "I got mine, who cares about you " attitude toward the other guilds,but  the SAG action might put pressure on them for a united front, partiucalryif it looks as kif production will stop anyway.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

LMAO they already got SAG joining the picket lines, the least they wanted is to deal with the DGA as well.

Still a month away from DGA and SAG-AFTRA’s contacts being up but between this and the support from the latter group for the WGA, There’s a possibility Hollywood will be shut down come July.

Everyone joining together is going to absolutely speed the process to a resolution.

If it was just one of them this could take several months, but united it could take less then a few weeks to reach a deal.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

I think folks are putting the cart before the horse a little bit when it comes to SAG-AFTRA's negotiation tactics.

What SAG-AFTRA is doing here, IMO, is showing they are absolutely serious here and very willing to join WGA/walk out on their own. 

What they aren't saying is that they ARE striking right now. While individual stars are walking the lines in solidarity (for a time), SAG en masse hasn't joined yet.  Yet.

What they are saying is if you don't negotiate with us for realz, you bet your sweet bippy we're striking at 12:01 am EDT July 1st.

The pre-talks negotiation vote was a sign of strength and unity directly pointed at the AMPTP.  Saber rattling, if one wants to put it in different terms.

(still will believe the DGA joins in when I see it/hear rumblings about it)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think folks are putting the cart before the horse a little bit when it comes to SAG-AFTRA's negotiation tactics.

What SAG-AFTRA is doing here, IMO, is showing they are absolutely serious here and very willing to join WGA/walk out on their own. 

What they aren't saying is that they ARE striking right now. While individual stars are walking the lines in solidarity (for a time), SAG en masse hasn't joined yet.  Yet.

What they are saying is if you don't negotiate with us for realz, you bet your sweet bippy we're striking at 12:01 am EDT July 1st.

The pre-talks negotiation vote was a sign of strength and unity directly pointed at the AMPTP.  Saber rattling, if one wants to put it in different terms.

(still will believe the DGA joins in when I see it/hear rumblings about it)

*double checks*

Also as I look, the results of said authorization request haven't come in yet, so something to keep in mind.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

*double checks*

Also as I look, the results of said authorization request haven't come in yet, so something to keep in mind.

From all I have read, the vote is sort of a ritual; everybody expects it to pass easily.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Some poor jackass was probably given three weeks to help redesign the app with only a mantra that reads "less scrolling", and these guys are acting like it's armageddon. 

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The deadline to vote is June 5, so we won’t know for like another week. 

Thnx.  Was looking for that but couldn't easily find it on the SAG-AFTRA strike authorization page.

Not that I looked for very long, but at least I did try to do some homework/fact checking on my own.  :)

• Like 1