The Wild Eric

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Every SINGLE day you guys keep telling me the strike is ending that day. It ends up being false every time.

Relax there has not been an update of any kind yet. 

That person has no affiliation with any people on SAG, she's just an actress, ignore her outburst. 

SAG is looking over the proposal by the AMPTP today.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

EDIT: Deleted post because you guys already know how negative I am on a good, fair deal getting done in 2023 and there's no point in me demonstrating that again when, as Porthos and Tele have said, we don't know anything. But if you are going to try to read the tea leaves, I'd just suggest paying attention to the frankly furious Tweets from members of the actual negotiating commitee rather than Jeff fucking Sneider before declaring this anywhere close to over.

Edited by Cmasterclay

4 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Every SINGLE day you guys keep telling me the strike is ending that day. It ends up being false every time.

At this point I'm done listening to that Sneider clown. I'm going to assume this strike will continue into next year, and be pleasantly surprised if it ends before then. Hollywood most likely will not give in until the forthcoming bad holiday season and "worst season in however many years" headlines from the trades hit their bottom lines hard enough for them to finally come to their senses and end this.

c21941c8289f72bf4ac20f18b25e8d271ee8e297

• Knock It Off 2

Can't decide what I'm more annoyed by at this point, people still quoting Jeff Sneider who just LIED for clicks last week about a done deal. Or the persistent and toxic negativity that SAG leaders seem to exude every single day. There's always a new quote from someone with something very negative. We get it, you hate the studios!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derpity said:

Can't decide what I'm more annoyed by at this point, people still quoting Jeff Sneider who just LIED for clicks last week about a done deal. Or the persistent and toxic negativity that SAG leaders seem to exude every single day. There's always a new quote from someone with something very negative. We get it, you hate the studios!

This is what is so annoying about the whole dam thing. Is Sneider still lying. Is this new offer another shit sandwich sag is gonna tell the studios to shove it you where tomorrow and that's it for the year because supposedly some SAG people are tweeting angry stuff out tonight. Why can't grownups act like grownups. There are people suffering here. 

6 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

EDIT: Deleted post because you guys already know how negative I am on a good, fair deal getting done in 2023 and there's no point in me demonstrating that again when, as Porthos and Tele have said, we don't know anything. But if you are going to try to read the tea leaves, I'd just suggest paying attention to the frankly furious Tweets from members of the actual negotiating commitee rather than Jeff fucking Sneider before declaring this anywhere close to over.

Is Jeri Ryan on the negotiating committee? Or are you referring to someone else?

5 hours ago, Derpity said:

Sneider cares a lot more about his personal gain than respecting the negotiation process, which is really why I hate that people give him so much exposure here regardless of how right he is.

Emotional rhetoric from SAG members who are still picketing is far more sympathetic. They very understandably don't want this narrative that SAG AFTRA is "playing games" if they refuse this deal to gain traction. It's important to realize though that that doesn't mean SAG refusing the deal is a given.

30 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Just a reminder that there’s no point in SAG’s leadership accepting an offer they know their members will decline a few days later.

If SAG leadership approves the offer today, then Tuesday 12:01am will be when ongoing projects can resume based on WGA. Still thinking things can kick off on Friday after they dot the is and cross the ts.

41 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Just a reminder that there’s no point in SAG’s leadership accepting an offer they know their members will decline a few days later.

To be fair, it's pretty likely the members will ratify the deal. 

People angry on twitter don't necessarily represent most of the guild (or the DGA members wouldn't have ratified their deal). Not to mention that there are members on the guilds who do not meet the requirements to vote.

Edited by Kon

12 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

Relax there has not been an update of any kind yet. 

That person has no affiliation with any people on SAG, she's just an actress, ignore her outburst. 

SAG is looking over the proposal by the AMPTP today.

Her "outburst" is simply saying not to listen to anyone but SAG-AFTRA...which appears to be the same thing you're saying. Should we ignore your outburst as well?

• Like 3

Two things can be true. The deal on the table could be one worth taking while SAG members could be upset how the  studios dragged their feet in delivering it and only be in the room for a hour so. That is not a reason to turn it down if it is a good one. They did the same thing to the writers I think. They are assholes we know that. They will continue to be assholes. The goal is a fair deal not make the CEO's into decent people.

• Like 1