kayumanggi

SPIDER-MAN: ACROSS THE SPIDER-VERSE | 309.3M overseas | 690.6M worldwide

34 minutes ago, MG10 said:

So, is there any market where it outgrossed the entire run of the first?

17.3M China (62.9M)

11.6M Mexico (8.8M)

11.5M UK (13.7M)

05.3M Australia (9.0M)

03.7M Brazil (8.4M)

03.7M France (5.9M)

02.8M India (1.7M)

02.7M Italy (3.1M)

02.5M Spain (5.7M)

02.1M Germany (3.6M)

01.7M Indonesia (2.7M)

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

17.3M China (62.9M)

11.6M Mexico (8.8M)

11.5M UK (13.7M)

05.3M Australia (9.0M)

03.7M Brazil (8.4M)

03.7M France (5.9M)

02.8M India (1.7M)

02.7M Italy (3.1M)

02.5M Spain (5.7M)

02.1M Germany (3.6M)

01.7M Indonesia (2.7M)

Miguel and Pavitr impact!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's going to make two to three times what Into The Spider Verse made, it's fantastic. What on earth?!

It's excellent in a vacuum for sure, but given domestic performance and how it could have made, it's mostly a meh opening indeed. The disappointment is more about the expectation and context than the cold numbers.

The first one did shit numbers OS, so jumps should have been even greater. This should be doing numbers closer to live-action superhero movies, say Homecoming, which it did in DOM & countries I mentioned but the rest is meh.

India's numbers are below average, which is one where the biggest jump has come.

Edited by across the Jat verse
  • Thanks 1

Latin American markets are exhausted after Guardians of the Galaxy, Fast X and TLM have all been huge successes, back to back. 

Sony should have released this in July in the region. Winter's Holidays are the most profitable box office period of the year in South America but they are still 4 weeks away in Chile and 6 in Argentina. By that time it most likely will have lost most of its screens to Elemental (even if that flops) 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

17.3M China (62.9M)

11.6M Mexico (8.8M)

11.5M UK (13.7M)

05.3M Australia (9.0M)

03.7M Brazil (8.4M)

03.7M France (5.9M)

02.8M India (1.7M)

02.7M Italy (3.1M)

02.5M Spain (5.7M)

02.1M Germany (3.6M)

01.7M Indonesia (2.7M)

China is likely the only country where the sequel failed to top the first. 

35 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Latin American markets are exhausted after Guardians of the Galaxy, Fast X and TLM have all been huge successes, back to back. 

I would not call TLM a huge success by any means. It's only great performance was in Argentina as far as I remember...

Personally I was predicting 230-250. Maybe 270 max if it overperformed in Asia so this opening doesn't really surprise me. Mermaid, SpiderVerse and Transformers, it was always very likely these would perform better in US. Not sure about The Flash but I can imagine OS-China = 45-50%.

1 minute ago, Alexander said:

Personally I was predicting 230-250. Maybe 270 max if it overperformed in Asia so this opening doesn't really surprise me. Mermaid, SpiderVerse and Transformers, it was always very likely these would perform better in US. Not sure about The Flash but I can imagine OS-China = 45-50%.

...transformers would perform better in the US? it's one of the most OS-skewing franchises alongside fast lol.

53 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

India's numbers are below average, which is one where the biggest jump has come.

Why did you expect anything else in India considering how we treat animated movies.

It is biggest animated opener, that's good enough for it, i expected nothing more.