Eric is Quiet

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 WEEKEND THREAD

8 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

even his comps lack context, like you can't compare OS openings if one movie opened earlier in key markets than the other ones

That's correct, that's why we still need to check. Although when I said comps, I was not just particularly referring to that GOTG post of his.

Edited by kayumanggi

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Mario is unstoppable. How high do you expect it to go when it finishes its run?

This weekend is the tough one. I am seeing 45% drop at best. it needs to have mother of god holds to hit 600m. Definitely in play but is definitely not easy. 

WOM is saving Vol 3 from OS run being horrible to quite good. Interesting that´s been the biggest problem for MCU movies that the OS gross have been lower, but here it´s the domestic one that´s going to be disappointing.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Luis sucks big time. We need to ban that guy. We have data from so many reliable places and we dont need to read this garbage. Anyway I have muted Kayu for now like I did Luiz at twitter :-)

Why does it bother you so much? The data he posts is from reliable sources. The same sources that box office sites use. Yes, he can have wrong projections and you can simply ignore that, but to mute me just because you don't like what Luis posts? That's some big ego shit. You might as well mute Deadline and whoever posts their 'garbage' numbers here. 🙄

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

This weekend is the tough one. I am seeing 45% drop at best. it needs to have mother of god holds to hit 600m. Definitely in play but is definitely not easy. 

Thank you! :)

10 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I don't see Mario missing $600 mil domestic unless it starts dropping like a rock.

It's consistently falling 20M~ behind Incredibles 2 and it won't get the benefit of summer days until far too late in its run. Thinking it finishes around 590M~ unless they slap on healthy helping of late fudge. Fast X is Universal too so maybe some creative accounting when that releases?

• Like 1

I was getting very worried for Guardians 3 in the past few weeks so I'm glad to see it performing better. $700M+ would be a great solid finish. I hope it can beat Thor Love and Thunder WW. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I don't see Mario missing $600 mil domestic unless it starts dropping like a rock.

Assuming similar fri to sun increase/decrease to last week it will gross 21m. So will need to average 21% drop to hit 600m. Definitely in play but wont be easy. It does not need to drop like a rock to miss 600m at this point. it will do that if it drops 30% next weekend. There will be a logjam of screens from FX onwards. 

• Like 3