kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

122% jump, that’s nice, definitely better than expected last night. 

58M is probably the lowest it can get with this FRI. 

60M and sub 50% drop still very much possible. Even likely i would say, i was expecting 58-59 because i suspect FRI would ended up being 15.2M or so.

Anyway, absolutely amazing run so far, OS numbers are even better. +530M WW by SUN looking good and +800M is locked at this point.

What’s the absolute ceiling? $900M? 

7 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

What’s the absolute ceiling? $900M? 

I could see it over 900M, but that would demand an absolutely astonishing run going forward and as we know there’s big competition coming. 

850-870M seems the more likely scenario, but yes the ceiling is +900M (+ 350M DOM / + 550 OS)

• Like 1

GOTG3 holding so well only means the WOM only benefiting big budget well-known tentpole. There are other movies with great WOM like Air (98%), the Covenant (98%), Margaret (94%) but they aren't getting any strong legs either. The markets is doing pathetically skewing big tentpoles. The diversity is gone. 

The mid-low tier movie simply didn't get enough attention from studio, or audience. Paramount did try for D&D and 80 for Brady whereas MGM try for Air but none of those effort look very glowing. Perhaps viable pricing for mid-low tier movie is really worth experiment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

GOTG3 holding so well only means the WOM only benefiting big budget well-known tentpole. There are other movies with great WOM like Air (98%), the Covenant (98%), Margaret (94%) but they aren't getting any strong legs either. The markets is doing pathetically skewing big tentpoles. The diversity is gone. 

The mid-low tier movie simply didn't get enough attention from studio, or audience. Paramount did try for D&D and 80 for Brady whereas MGM try for Air but none of those effort look very glowing. Perhaps viable pricing for mid-low tier movie is really worth experiment. 

I mean, I know it's horror but Evil Dead Rise is going to cross 3.0 OW DOM multi this weekend. There are cases where lower budget films are holding and doing well. It's not like Air did poorly. For Air, 50M+ for a 14.5M OW isn't bad legs just not incredible legs. I don't think there was much of an audience for Covenant or Margaret to begin with.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

A tentpole simply has a much larger pool of casuals who are willing to jump on the hype train after OW.

• Like 4