CW 6.93x

AoU 7.2x

IM3 7.71x

TA 7.02x

Thor 5.41x (PotC whammy)

IM2 7.1x

IM1 8.27x

for Gotg3 I expect 7-7.5x so 5.15 -> 36-38.5 or so

V2 dropped 47% against a $36M opener (Alien Covenant). If V3 manages to drop a 38/39% with a ~$70M opener coming out that would be a really banger hold.

3 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

V2 dropped 47% against a $36M opener (Alien Covenant). If V3 manages to drop a 38/39% with a ~$70M opener coming out that would be a really banger hold.

IM1 dropped 38% vs Prince Caspian doing 55M which is basically the same relative size as F10 vs Gotg3’s wknd :Venom:

I am expecting very good hold for Guardians tomorrow considering that is the last day it has Imax/PLF at most locations. Thursday it will drop 30%. FX is opening at 2PM at major Imax/PLF locations. Sat/Sun will hopefully compensate but sub 40% looks improbable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Legions of the Galaxy said:

IM1 dropped 38% vs Prince Caspian doing 55M which is basically the same relative size as F10 vs Gotg3’s wknd :Venom:

Back then Imax/PLF was almost irrelevant. I am not even sure IM1 opened at Imax. when TDK opened there were 50 imax locations in the country and it played for every doing 10x multi in that. 

But in 2022 Imax/PLF make sizable part of BO. Losing it will have an impact similar to what Mario faced against Guardians. The fact that FX opens at 2PM makes it worse. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Unexpectedly, Air and Covenant, two movie that supposedly skewing male, also got some solid and noticeable Mother's day boost, proving that just how little appealing product in the market for female. 

Air is told from Jordan mother's perspective too, not just Damon character's. 

Covenant may be fans of Gylenhaal. Women watch movies with hot men. 

Edited by Valonqar

35 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am expecting very good hold for Guardians tomorrow considering that is the last day it has Imax/PLF at most locations. Thursday it will drop 30%. FX is opening at 2PM at major Imax/PLF locations. Sat/Sun will hopefully compensate but sub 40% looks improbable. 

30% drop in Thursday seems kind of ludicrous even with 2 PM previews.

• Like 1

Just now, YM! said:

30% drop in Thursday seems kind of ludicrous even with 2 PM previews.

Mario dropped 23% and it was not that much dependent on PLF. Already other movies were playing on Imax and some PLF. Guardians has all the Imax/PLF today and losing it mostly on Friday. At MTC1 only ones its keeping are Prime PLF and those are not that many. So its combination of show loss plus huge cut to ATP. 

• Like 1

Considering how harsh a great WOM animated film like Mario dropped against GotG, which was far from a juggernaut opener, I will be shocked if GotG can manage sub 55% this weekend amidst all the PLF/3D loss. I will admit the WOM is something special if it goes sub 50. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Considering how harsh a great WOM animated film like Mario dropped against GotG, which was far from a juggernaut opener, I will be shocked if GotG can manage sub 55% this weekend amidst all the PLF/3D loss. I will admit the WOM is something special if it goes sub 50. 

:hahaha:Yeah man only after that and not it having one of the all time best MCU drops ever. Sure.

• Like 10

GOTG 3 had an epic weekend and took a commanding lead vs. THOR. This showdown might be over already, but let's wait how GOTG 3 holds up against FAST X. It had a significantly better second Monday than RAGNAROK.

MCU THREEQUEL SHOWDOWN  - GOTG  VS THOR: RAGNAROK

DAY 11: (MONDAY) GOTG 3 5.183m

DAY 11: (MONDAY) THOR: RAGNAROK 3.699m

DAILY GAIN: GOTG 3 +1.484m

CUME: GOTG 3 219.983m  VS  THOR 215.767m

TARGET:  PLUS 4.216m

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 7