ThomasNicole

Weekdays Thread (5/15-18) | Guardians $5.18M Monday

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Anyways, since my ratings are the discussion. MCU Phase 4/5 films ranked in overall list for me

9. Eternals

17. DSitMoM

22. NWH

23. Quantumania 

25. Far From Home

26. Black Widow

28. Shang Chi

29. Thor 4

31. GoTG 3

32. BP 2

https://boxd.it/bllcY

FFH belong to Phase 3. 

6 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

This no story after Endgame complaint is the most braindead take ever. Media literacy is at an all-time low.

I found this fascinating actually. 

Studying cinema you learn how you can create powerful stories not only from a very simple premise but also purely by visual and sound, still people seems conditioned to treat movies the same way they treat books. 

Even in some critics i can find this pattern, the plot must be big and complex, everything must be clear and explained otherwise is a lesser or pointless movie. 

I definitely think Guardians 3 have a very simple premise, the simplest from all 3 movies actually, but the movie do a lot with it both thematically and narratively. 

Also fascinated by movies including huge ones that are putting the form above traditional story … movies like Avatar 2, Infinity Pool, John Wick 4, Nope etc. Not that they don’t have stories and common beats and plot points, but there’s a genuine interest in create narrative, symbolism and catharsis purely with the audiovisual form in many moments. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:
1 (1) Guardians of the Galaxy V… Walt Disney $3,699,049 -18% -48% 4,450 $831 $234,542,579

Not bad at all

Guardians 2 did 34.6 with the same THU 

But Guardians 3 is having a better weekend pattern than 2 so far … i can see 36-37 happening depending on how big the lost of premium theaters will affect it. 

Still, having a hard time seeing anything below 34, which is another sub 50% drop and should lock at least 350M DOM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Anyways, since my ratings are the discussion. MCU Phase 4/5 films ranked in overall list for me

9. Eternals

17. DSitMoM

22. NWH

23. Quantumania 

25. Far From Home

26. Black Widow

28. Shang Chi

29. Thor 4

31. GoTG 3

32. BP 2

don't care about marvel rankings but what da fuck is this

LXFbLgM.png

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

9. Eternals

17. DSitMoM

22. NWH

23. Quantumania 

25. Far From Home

26. Black Widow

28. Shang Chi

29. Thor 4

31. GoTG 3

32. BP 2

Exact same top 3 as me, incredible

The rest moves around compared to you but I also think BP2 is the worst phase 4 movie. Hell, I even think it's the worst MCU property they've ever done, movies and TV shows combined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

6 hours ago, thajdikt said:

This no story after Endgame complaint is the most braindead take ever. Media literacy is at an all-time low.

This has been the complaint I have heard most. Post MCU story has gone to gutter, quoting my friend who said ‘they are now making movies just because they can, cashing their Infinity Saga goodwill’

GOTG 3 was same case with absolutely no real emotion and basic af story.

• Heart 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 3

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Exact same top 3 as me, incredible

The rest moves around compared to you but I also think BP2 is the worst phase 4 movie. Hell, I even think it's the worst MCU property they've ever done, movies and TV shows combined.

The 3rd act of BP2 is so bad, I shrug raised my arms twice, thought of walking out multiple times.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

This has been the complaint I have heard most. Post MCU story has gone to gutter, quoting my friend who said ‘they are now making movies just because they can, cashing their Infinity Saga goodwill’

GOTG 3 was same case with absolutely no real emotion and basic af story.

Yes, I agree with you that they are just cashing in on Infinity Saga goodwill. The fact that even after 4 years since Endgame, we're in the middle of phase 5, and we still don't know who the leads are in this saga, itself proves your point

• Like 1