ThomasNicole

Weekdays Thread (5/15-18) | Guardians $5.18M Monday

43 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Excellent drop for Mario. The upcoming drop this WE should be good, Fast X has different audience from Mario.

Edited by Mojoguy

57 minutes ago, Mulder said:

550-565 sounds about right to me for the finish. Maybe a bit higher. Still an absolutely incredible run.

It’ll be at about $550 million by the end of this weekend!? With memorial weekend coming the weekend after I’d say a total domestic of $585 million plus is very much on the cards. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

It’ll be at about $550 million by the end of this weekend!? With memorial weekend coming the weekend after I’d say a total domestic of $585 million plus is very much on the cards. 

Depends on the hold it has this weekend, we'll see. It has to make as much as it can over the next few weeks before Spider-Verse comes in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Gonna be crazy agitating if it stops at like 595 or something, just below 600 and I2 marks. Ugh, that over 50% drop during GotG wasn’t something I thought would happen, 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Excellent drop for Mario. The upcoming drop this WE should be good, Fast X has different audience from Mario.

I'm not sure about that. The largest demographic for Mario was also young, male, and Latino. There's a lot of crossover appeal with the Fast & Furious audience.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KP1025 said:

I'm not sure about that. The largest demographic for Mario was also young, male, and Latino. There's a lot of crossover appeal with the Fast & Furious audience.

I've been thinking this too. SMBM should still have a nice drop but I'm thinking similar to last weekend... Probably just over 30% again.

• Like 1

Off-Topic but relates to the weekend thread - these Zelda numbers are phenomenal but there is absolutely no way numbers this small could impact box office. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

18 minutes ago, AJG said:

Off-Topic but relates to the weekend thread - these Zelda numbers are phenomenal but there is absolutely no way numbers this small could impact box office. 

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AJG said:

Lies. Lies, I say. Everyone I know is playing Zelda.

Spoiler

/s

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I don’t know if that’s sarcasm but that is not small. This is one of the biggest game launches of all time. Zelda also did this on one platform (Switch). Pretty much the biggest exclusive launch of all time.

Edited by OceanBlvd
  • Like 1

4M is probably over 2% of the moviegoing population no? I don’t think it’s unreasonable to guess it may have had 100k or 2 or impact (of course there is stuff going on all the time with similar levels of impact, it all combines into the background “noise” of things).

1 hour ago, AJG said:

It tied with Scarlet and Violet for the record as biggest Nintendo launch.