kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

21 minutes ago, G Doss said:

They didn't for Top Gun:Maverick either.

The Bad Guys, Legion of Super Pets, Jumanji, Greatest Showman, Mario. Lots of examples of family entertainment with solid legs in the past five years. 

I guess we are just supposed to ignore those and, without evidence, say it's different now.

5 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Barbie is coming.

Might be huge. AtSV will be fine too. Just kinda joshing with my fanservice stuff but is a bit more frontloaded than expected though. Serious about hoping there's a ceiling multiversing stuff. Bored stiff by it at this point plot wise. Love the visuals, etc. in the movie but yowza is the plot been there done that a lot because of how many huge scale timey whimey stuff we've got lately.

• Like 2

Sony not going conservative with their Sunday/weekend total estimate. I think they’re mostly on the mark, just didn’t expect to see $120M+ until actuals 

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Sony not going conservative with their Sunday/weekend total estimate. I think they’re mostly on the mark, just didn’t expect to see $120M+ until actuals 

Interesting strategy for them to comically underestimate the weekend for the first couple days, but then not do the normal thing of underestimating Sunday

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Actually a pretty good drop all things considered especially how the incel trolls were posting here. 

Incel trolls don't matter. They probably don't even know how to see a movie in theaters or behave in a normal society anyway.

Next weekend the only competition is Transformers which is gonna tank so TLM doesn't have any excuse to not have a good hold.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Intel trolls don't matter. They probably don't even know how to see a movie in theaters or behave in a normal society anyway.

Next weekend the only competition is Transformers which is gonna tank so TLM doesn't have any excuse to not have a good hold.

It'll hold better then. No big opener next weekend. Already lost PLFs this weekend.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I agree, also I don't think they share much audience. It has dropped worse than Aladdin although not by much. In its defense tho it faced a +$120M opener while Aladdin faced Godzilla 2 which I believe did something like $48M

• Like 4