kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

Just now, TMP said:

I'd rather them do something more interesting than another avengers movie

Sure sure, people love to trash those. But I’d kill for them to direct Secret Wars. If there is one film that proves that they got what it takes is Across the Spider-Verse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

L&M don't need Disney micromanaging that sucks out creativity. Very doubtful they would have more freedom at Marvel than they had at Lucasfilm where Kennedy reportedly didn't like the way they folded their socks (this was THR or Variety report not some insider site like Grace).

• Like 1

So Spiderverse had some creative jokes that got some decent laughs out of me but the funniest thing all night was when they showed a trailer for Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken and after the trailer ended someone in the audience shouted out "I am NOT gonna be watching that!" I almost choked on my water holding in the laugh.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Sure sure, people love to trash those. But I’d kill for them to direct Secret Wars. If there is one film that proves that they got what it takes is Across the Spider-Verse.

Just wondering how a movie they didn't direct proves they have what it takes to direct a different movie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah, I'm sure it's more exciting for them to direct a movie from the dr strange 2 writer than all the upcoming projects they have full control over lol. Especially after Solo. They're shooting an Andy Weir sci-fi adaptation with Gosling soon, so it's not like they'll have the time to do that unless there's a massive 2-3 year delay for those avengers films

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Didn’t some one else direct ATSV?

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

these spiderverse movies are this generations tim burton's a nightmare before christmas because i know nobody knows the name of the people who actually directed it.

Seems to be a trend for Kemp Powers animated movies

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Okay, directed by Joaquim dos Santos, Kemp Powers and Justin K. Thompson then. Still, Lord and Miller did the screenplay and I think they could come up with Secret Wars. Hopefully this is been considered.

If we are just naming the screenwriters of well received and successful movies, then I think Ehren Kruger should direct it. He knows how to bring back old characters and integrate them with new ones in a perfect legacy defining sequel.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If we are just naming the screenwriters of well received and successful movies, then I think Ehren Kruger should direct it. He knows how to bring back old characters and integrate them with new ones in a perfect legacy defining sequel.

Just get a rick and morty writer to direct it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I also kind of have doubts it can hit 600 domestic if Mario couldn't. 

I was one of those that called over I2 DOM locked for Mario after the amazing second weekend hold. Definitely a case of getting too caught up in the hype. The $600 million DOM dream has been on life support since GotG3 opened, but I think we can call it dead dead after this weekend.

• Like 1

Since this is a supers weekend...I finished the Disney Moon Knight series this week (watched over 2 weeks)...I think I needed to be on something to understand that series b/c after a promising start, the last 3 episodes are some of the wackiest and most confusing (with huge plot holes and nonsensical thing) I've seen so far in Marvel.  It felt like an editor got too cute by half just trying to edit for confusion vs good tv...

It was disappointing b/c I did so enjoy the setup, but I kinda hated the landing...

Now to head back to watch A Man Called Otto on streaming as the weekly palate cleanser before I go back to completing the Doom Patrol series...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

They didn't direct the movie.

Moderation: Please stay civil in your conversations folks. These posts on relevance seems to be riling people up. 

@ZattMurdock it is ok to have tangential discussions (or even off topic discussions) in the weekend thread. If you dislike a certain topic, avoid it. Or report it if you think it breaks forum rules. There is no reason to go around calling people incel and what not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric 2099 said:

They didn't direct the movie.

Already corrected that on the following posts. Yeah it’s the same situation of The Nightmare Before Christmas, but it’s still from a Lord and Miller screenplay. One could and I’d argue should wonder what they would make with a full blown live action Avengers film.

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Moderation: Please stay civil in your conversations folks. These posts on relevance seems to be riling people up. 

@ZattMurdock it is ok to have tangential discussions (or even off topic discussions) in the weekend thread. If you dislike a certain topic, avoid it. Or report it if you think it breaks forum rules. There is no reason to go around calling people incel and what not. 

Yeah, I can see where this is going with me been the one getting personally called out here. Have fun, BOT. It was a good run.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

So Spiderverse had some creative jokes that got some decent laughs out of me but the funniest thing all night was when they showed a trailer for Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken and after the trailer ended someone in the audience shouted out "I am NOT gonna be watching that!" I almost choked on my water holding in the laugh.

It legit looks like a Nick Jr. show put onto the big screen. 

I did get a laugh when this played in front of my screening for Little Mermaid though and they had that "people love mermaids because people are stupid" line. I have to imagine that was intentional on the marketing team's part.