Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

12M for Elemental is good 

I mean, not literally good, but at least not crumbling (like the other movie I’m trying avoid enter in discussions about). 

Depending on how well it will hold during the weekend (waiting for CS, hopefully an A), can ended up with 33-35M OW

With good legs it can ended up with ~120M DOM, still very bad for it’s budget but i hope it can be a new kick for upcoming originals to grow from this base.

It's definitely a yikes but not like a YIKES if you get what I mean. If it does better then Lightyear with a weaker opening (which will still be the largest for an original animated film post-pandemic, ironic) I'll take it as a small victory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Director couldn't have done much more to save Flash..... Except actually making the best Superhero movie since The Dark Knight.

Atleast it would've got some legs.

With how the PostTrak reaction from the morning  looked like, I'd argue that even just doing something at the level of idk Spider-Man Homecoming would've been enough to give it better legs. This is just kind of a disaster all around. 

Just now, filmlover said:

Not a great start for Elemental either obviously but with little in terms of direct competition for a while aside from Ruby Gillman (who cares?) and summer weekdays it should be able to eek past $100M even if Disney ends up having to push it there. 

Good reaction, school days and no new competition should get it easily past $100m if only the theaters keeping it for concession money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I need you to use your powers to will a 90M DOM opening and 850M WW total for Dune 2 into existence.

Please I have a club that's riding on it.

Sadly I can only peer into the future, not alter it

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not a great start for Elemental either obviously but with little in terms of direct competition for a while aside from Ruby Gillman (who cares?) and summer weekdays it should be able to get past $100M even if Disney ends up having to push it there. 

Tbh I think it can have a Super Pets like multiple due to lack of family competition getting it to Lightyear to The Good Dinosaur range. It’s not good at all but it's a step in the right direction for WDAS and Pixar.

37 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Could Spider-Verse be the last 100M opener until Beyond the Spider-Verse (assuming it makes its March 2024 release date)?

It’s a Barbie world

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

And about James Gunn saving DC.

He did make a DC movie, didn't turn out well.

Guardians is more comparable as a property to Superman than The Suicide Squad is though. At least in the sense they'd both be family-oriented, sci-fi and PG-13. You can't really just put things all over a blanket like that because his Suicide Squad movie is more than likely extremely different than whatever Superman will be. (Also TSS  received a great critical reception)

Edited by 21C

WB is having an awful year so far with Evil Dead Rise being their only hit. Pretty depressing during their 100th anniversary they've been facing mostly negative headlines for the most part like they have for about the past two years or so.

15 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

Well, in all fairness, 15 pages or so were about whether or not Josh Harnett was supposed to be a star at some point in his career. 

And 5 or 6 pages added. Up  are about 'how long can this thread go? Can it make a 100?'

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not a great start for Elemental either obviously but with little in terms of direct competition for a while aside from Ruby Gillman (who cares?) and summer weekdays it should be able to get past $100M even if Disney ends up having to push it there. 

I care. I want original animated movies from other studios to do great.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YM! said:

Tbh I think it can have a Super Pets like multiple due to lack of family competition getting it to Lightyear to The Good Dinosaur range. It’s not good at all but it's a step in the right direction for WDAS and Pixar.

Disney then needs to keep it off Disney plus for about 5-6 months - they have to retrain the audience.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Disney then needs to keep it off Disney plus for about 5-6 months - they have to retrain the audience.

Yes ma'am. Do think ceiling will be smaller this decade due to plus but it's plausible audience can still be retrained. Make this, Indy and TLM your Christmas releases.