Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

11 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Other markets could be performing differently so take this with a grain of salt, but Flash may actually increase today.

WOM kicking in, an all time great box office run has started, a never seen before.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Other markets could be performing differently so take this with a grain of salt, but Flash may actually increase today.

WB will appreciate losing 199.9 million instead of 200

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

42 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

First blockbuster thread in terms of pages since 2019

It needs 200 pages to break even. But don't worry, toy sales, merchandise and streaming rights can help alot.

Edited by Boxx93

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

The Lion King was appealing just because it's The Lion King. And it underperformed because it wasn't good.

And it's not so simple when it comes to that movie, apart from its issues, one of the factor affecting its quality was voice acting i suppose.

But i watched a version where voice acting was top notch and which wasn't lifeless, and had emotions, so it automatically makes it higher than English version.

Now it doesn't make it that good obviously, but atleast i didn't watch in theatre a completely lifeless and soulless version because people who dubbed in my country actually put effort into it.

Still wasn't a great movie and it underperformed, it could've done more, much more.

How in the world did Lion King Remake underperformed?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, 21C said:

WB will appreciate losing 199.9 million instead of 200

THIS.THIS.THIS.

it i is sort of funny how some fans think a extra ,million or so on a bid budget falure will turn a bomb into a hit.

On 6/17/2023 at 12:41 PM, FunkMiller said:

I think there’s a bit of emperors new clothes going on, to be honest. A lot of folks believed the PR waffle, tied their colours to the mast, and have now had real trouble accepting the truth.

Yes, I hate how my fellow DC fans are taking everything Gunn says as Gospel Truth, ignoring that he is being an advertiser.  If you can't trust the advertisers who can you trust?

1 hour ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

Hope that happens Elemental too to push it past 30m OW. Elemental is so good, I would rank the movie ahead of the Bad Guys, Sing 2 and probably just notch below PIB2. 

Just now, Borobudur said:

Hope that happens Elemental too to push it past 30m OW. Elemental is so good, I would rank the movie ahead of the Bad Guys, Sing 2 and probably just notch below PIB2. 

Yeah, I hope Elemental pushes past it too. It's honestly really great and deserves more then it's getting, I was moved by it and found exceptionally charming and entertaining. I was lucky that I saw it in a theater with a birthday group (they were behind me) and the kids there loved it, buzzing about it afterwards. Sincerely hope it has legs.

Certainly that 20% drop on Sunday for TLM is too steep, no? That would be worse than its other Sundays and those didn't have a holiday Monday to boost them. Doesn't seem right. Or maybe it's the anti-Father's Day film I dunno..

23 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

It will, DIS projected a 19% drop in a Holiday where nearly flat numbers is usual. Should get close to 31M with actuals

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It will, DIS projected a 19% drop in a Holiday where nearly flat numbers is usual. Should get close to 31M with actuals

But won't chamge that Disney is going to  take a bath on this movie.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

But won't chamge that Disney is going to  take a bath on this movie.

I'm sure Disney will be fine in the long run, as this movie and the characters will be valuable. They could have potential costume characters at Disney World, potentially be on Disney On Ice, and will likely have many repeat viewings on Disney+. Obviously, they are going to lose money on this movie, but at the end of the day, it's a new IP that people love, and Disney will most likely continue to utilize it in other forms of media and entertainment.