Eric Lasagna

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

2 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

Is The Flash now in play for being one of the biggest box office bombs of all time? Starting to feel like it.

Does nobody have a grasp of reality anymore

Not everything is the BEST or the WORST. Not everything is a BOMB or a HUGE SUCCESS. Why is everything moving to the extremes at an alarming rate?

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, GOGODanca said:

How much do you think the OW would be for a Dark Knight returns movie with Nolan and Bale?

Good question. As essentially the fourth part in The Dark Knight saga, I'm sure it would do well.

150+ million OW domestic. Clears a billion in total.

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

Not everything is the BEST or the WORST. Not everything is a BOMB or a HUGE SUCCESS. Why is everything moving to the extremes at an alarming rate?

It had a colossal budget and marketing campaign, and is looking to bomb completely at the box office. I think it's a fair question for this movie now.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

How much do you think the OW would be for a Dark Knight returns movie with Nolan and Bale?

Bale is too young yet for a Dark Knight Returns type of film. With that said, I have no idea. And that’s my main issue with Matt Reeves take and why I’m starting to get way more excited for Brave and the Bold over The Batman sequel: if every ten years we make a "Batman: Year One" type of Batman film, how do we even distinguish each other? How do we know if GA will care more about Pattinson’s or Bale’s Batman ten years from now?

I give Snyder a lot of shit, BvS isn’t a film I like at all but not trying to make another take similar to Nolan’s was an actual good move. Gunn getting this makes me hopeful for the DCU. Batman’s universe from rogues to his Bat Family is just too vast and far more intriguing to me than we eternally hoping for a return of seasoned Batman, either Bale or Pattinson.

That’s an awful Monday number for Flash is general, but when comparing it to Spidey on its 3rd Monday making almost an equal amount (without the PLFs!), that’s horrific. 

We are going to see atrocious legs for it, especially when it loses its PLFs.

19 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Oh my 

Not quite apples to apples, but that’s 6% below Lightyear on this same day last year, which led to a $18.2M weekend (2.77x)

Also 72% of JWD (second Monday), which had a 3.1x weekend from that daily 

Its just a question of not if, but how much below $20 Flash lands for upcoming weekend 

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Flash faces pretty much 0 new competition this weekend. If it drops hard, it's one of the most embarrassing flops in recent memory. 

Thor dropped 67.7% with basically no competition, keeping PLFs, off a similar IM

But seems like Flash can …

Ready To Go Sunglasses GIF by ION Mystery

… make a run for -70%

Spielberg back in 2013 called it

“That’s the big danger, and there’s eventually going to be an implosion — or a big meltdown. There’s going to be an implosion where three or four or maybe even a half-dozen megabudget movies are going to go crashing into the ground, and that’s going to change the paradigm.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/steven-spielberg-predicts-implosion-film-567604/

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

In this case it's obviously a huge bomb and it's not an exaggeration, so not sure what's the problem.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, M37 said:

Seems both of these are primarily lease related.  Having a lower volume location in a metro area where rents are high is about the worst possible combination given the current market: fixed cost up, revenue down. That’s why a lot of closures are happening in places like CA, NY, FL, etc 

The landmarks also show the sorts of movies that don’t exactly do big business. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

So Spider Verse win upcoming weekend?

It's guaranteed at this point. The only big new release this coming weekend is part of a genre which has been box office poison for years, it has great word of mouth on its side and its biggest competitor is poised for a brutal drop. I think it will regain the #1 spot for the weekend, which I'm sure our old pal Avi "Kids Love Venom" Arad will be bragging about to his Hollywood friends all weekend.