YM!

Weekday Thread | TUE - Flash $5.28M, Elementals $5.0M, Spidey $4.7M, Transformer $2.8M, TLM $2.2M

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s getting a theatrical release. What I could actually see is some other film getting that release and defy AM2’s date. Not sure which film, but it could happen. Dune 2? Idk.

Captain Marvel GIF by Marvel

At this point, why the hell not? Even an injured Marvel brand is still leaps and bounds above DC. The former also has Thunderbolts planned for next Christmas, so placing The Marvels on that slot this year can serve as a litmus test to see how a normal MCU movie can perform there, and decide what to do with Thunderbolts accordingly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

what

Flash is getting killed by Spiderverse and ELEMENTAL, a movie everyone expected to (and did) underperform. The remaining DCEU movies should be put in crappy but "safe" slots, not profit anchors for an entire year! Christmas for Aquaman 2 WILL NOT WORK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Marvels moving to holidays would be sort of odd I think. Maybe that Hunger Games spin off?

WB should absolutely dump Aquaman 2 for Dune 2 at this point. It's the only way to save "their" slot other than shifting Wonka there and putting Dune 2 in Wonka's slot.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Captain Marvel GIF by Marvel

At this point, why the hell not? Even an injured Marvel brand is still leaps and bounds above DC. The former also has Thunderbolts planned for next Christmas, so placing The Marvels on that slot this year can serve as a litmus test to see how a normal MCU movie can perform there, and decide what to do with Thunderbolts accordingly.

I still find the idea of an ‘injured Marvel’ silly. Quantumania underperfoming is par of the course for Ant-Man films. I really don’t think he should be carrying a franchise, and yet he got a whole fucking trilogy. I say put him on an assemble cast, make the Pyms and Langs sort of the mentors of Young Avengers or something. That could work, too similar to Ghostbusters maybe, but Rudd works far better when he isn’t the main protagonist imho.

I’m kinda conflicted with the Marvels moving. If I’m not mistaken, isn’t there a Muslim holiday around December where you shouldn’t watch movies? Or I’m confusing with something else? 

Idk while I personally am not that optimistic about Aquaman 2 either, I think its current slot is its best option to get some good Holiday legs in by virtue of being the only big budget film in December.

• Like 4

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I still find the idea of an ‘injured Marvel’ silly. Quantumania underperfoming is par of the course for Ant-Man films. I really don’t think he should be carrying a franchise, and yet he got a whole fucking trilogy. I say put him on an assemble cast, make the Pyms and Langs sort of the mentors of Young Avengers or something. That could work, too similar to Ghostbusters maybe, but Rudd works far better when he isn’t the main protagonist imho.

I’m kinda conflicted with the Marvels moving. If I’m not mistaken, isn’t there a Muslim holiday around December where you shouldn’t watch movies? Or I’m confusing with something else? 

Quantumania would have been an easy $800M movie had it not been so disappointing and janky. The first trailer reached the elusive 1 million likes bar, and presales were actually looking very good, good enough for a potential $120M+ launch, before the reactions and reviews camen like wrecking balls.

As a Muslim, there isn't anything special happening on that month. Not to my knowledge anyway.

• Like 1

And since we are talking Marvels, let me say what I said on a different thread yesterday: Captain Marvel is such a banger of a Marvel Studios film. It’s been a while since I made a rewatch of that, and I did in prep for Secret Invasion and holy shit, talk about a film that has aged well. Brie Larson is a beast as Carol Danvers, and I’m actually confident that people underplaying Marvels are in for some reckoning. I want to rewatch all the films eventually in chronological order (never did that) after the Summer season, but I really think Captain Marvel jumped some ranks on my favorite MCU list yesterday. A lot of the emotional beats between Carol, Maria and Monica Rambeau hit a lot harder knowing what we know from WandaVision.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Quantumania would have been an easy $800M movie had it not been so disappointing and janky. The first trailer reached the elusive 1 million likes bar, and presales were actually looking very good, good enough for a potential $120M+ launch, before the reactions and reviews camen like wrecking balls.

As a Muslim, there isn't anything special happening on that month. Not to my knowledge anyway.

I know, which is madness. I’m not saying that Ant-Man shouldn’t have made more. What I’m saying is that it’s absolute madness that we got to a point that a fucking Ant-Man film could be seen as a disappointment at all. I think we don’t have a MCU fatigue, but Marvel going out of their way to make Ant-Man happen issue. It’s truly not the same as all their other franchises imho, either when it comes to MCU or comics, it’s just not the same as literally any other of the Avengers.

17 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Top Gun Maverick did a 15.5m weekend off of a 3.8m  on its 6th wednesday. Spider-Verse will get some plfs back this weekend but on the other hand its had weaker jumps from weekday to weekend, so maybe 16-17m?

That was Thor opening weekend, one of the few 40%+ drops TGM had 

ATSV already had a 5x Wed in week 2, can’t see why that’s not possible again when getting some PLF shows back