YM!

Weekday Thread | TUE - Flash $5.28M, Elementals $5.0M, Spidey $4.7M, Transformer $2.8M, TLM $2.2M

I'm not sure where else I should relay this, so I'll say it here. Our old friend Voldemort has gotten word that Sony's recent decision to move their Gamestop movie up to September is because of a bigger movie shifting to its original October slot. The industry seems to think that big movie is Dune 2 according to Voldy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I'm not sure where else I should relay this, so I'll say it here. Our old friend Voldemort has gotten word that Sony's recent decision to move their Gamestop movie up to September is because of a bigger movie shifting to its original October slot. The industry seems to think that big movie is Dune 2 according to Voldy.

On the one hand, Dune Part Two moving to October gives the other November releases more breathing room, which is good.

On the other hand, Dune Part Two was supposed to come out on my birthday, so now I'm salty by default.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Safeno Rdz said:

They're probably having Haunted mansion for Christmas and Elemental for October probably

Haunted Mansion is 100% coming to Disney+ in October.

https://www.indiewire.com/features/commentary/tcm-layoffs-warner-bros-spielberg-scorsese-paul-thomas-anderson-protest-1234877220/

Me after reading this article a few minutes ago on my phone... 

Larry David Faints GIF - Larry David Faints - Discover ...

...had to sit down.

Hopefully TCM isn't eventually shuttered. Would devastate me as a film fan. I keep it on in the background when working from home. I find it very calming even on stressful days. Just feels like home. I actually say exactly what Scorsese said when people ask why I leave it on in the background all day... Okay, not as eloquently, but still, I say the gist of what he does...

“It gives me something to turn to, to bounce off of, to rest in, to reinvigorate my thinking — just glancing at some image or combination of images at a certain moment,” Scorsese told the Los Angeles Times of his favorite network. “It’s more like a presence in the room, a reminder of film history as a living, ongoing entity.”

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Pretty sure Dumb Money moved because it was supposed to open against Killers of the Flower Moon and September is fairly open (the biggest releases being Challengers and a half dozen sequels with ceilings as to how far they can go).

11 hours ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Ehhhh a movie legging out off good reception is probably worth more to Disney than anything else right now. They need people to have trust in the brand again for future movies more than they need a single movie to make a profit.

Issue is these pixar movies are getting a fraction of the attention then their films did in the past. 

Pixar movies used to big event films to the public as the brand was so well liked and respected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Never mind the obvious jokes, what a fucking tragedy. Don’t defy nature, y’all. 

The people making fun of this are such fucking losers. Ofc it was idiotic to go in that sub but being bitter about being poor while they're billionaires and using that as an excuse to mock death is pathetic. 

Edited by Flopped