Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

38 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Y'all do realise we have a tracking thread that is more precise than deadline and that's pointing to a sub-7 being perfectly plausible, right?

I don't realize this. I don't do any tracking and assist with targeting. I also don't have current figures that'd make it very implausible that a sub-7 is going to happen. What do I know? :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZackM said:

Evening sales have been abysmal.  Should juuust cross 115k.

1 hour ago, rehpyc said:

Evening walk-ups have been quite a bit less than ROTB and Flash.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

So is it missing 120k? Not sure how it makes 7m with that.

5 minutes ago, rehpyc said:

I don't realize this. I don't do any tracking and assist with targeting. I also don't have current figures that'd make it very implausible that a sub-7 is going to happen. What do I know? :)

So is it implausible, or likely? 

Fwiwy comments where more about the age jokes then about indy. Itself. I gave up on indy awhile ago (though ,im still delusionally l in the over 550 million club)

And again I think this is my karma for making fun of shaazam 2 for 3 months...

Edited by screambaby

3 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Indiana Jones has never been cool. And it's my favorite franchise. But I remember when Shia hyped up the KOTCS at the MTV Movie Awards and it was absolutely crickets. And that was 15 years ago and before that movie damaged the reputation of the franchise. Top Gun is still a cool military movie. Mission Impossible is still a cool spy franchise. Indy is more akin to Bond and probably even less hip than that. The crowd for it is 65 and up.

Idk I was a kid in 2008 and Indy was super popular at my school at least, they did a great job bringing 1-3 back ahead of 4 and getting people into it with games, lego, toys, tie ins, etc. Was seen as analogous to SW bc of the Lucas connection. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

Idk I was a kid in 2008 and Indy was super popular at my school at least, they did a great job bringing 1-3 back ahead of 4 and getting people into it with games, lego, toys, tie ins, etc. Was seen as analogous to SW bc of the Lucas connection. 

Lego Indiana jones was the shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a millennial who graduated high school the same year Crystal Skull came out, I have never cared about Indiana Jones and neither has anyone in my friend group. When it came out would have probably been the peak box office wise for Gen X nostalgia. It's now entering a market place dominated by Millennials and Gen Z and I think people vastly overestimated how much those generations care about Indy.

• Like 1

Just now, crazydom said:

As a millennial who graduated high school the same year Crystal Skull came out, I have never cared about Indiana Jones and neither has anyone in my friend group. When it came out would have probably been the peak box office wise for Gen X nostalgia. It's now entering a market place dominated by Millennials and Gen Z and I think people vastly overestimated how much those generations care about Indy.

For sure, Indy is now only popular with the baby boomer generation, and most of them dont care about the franchice nowadays.

Just now, Maggie said:

Woooow, that is a bad number no doubt, I do not see good holds with the current ok/mixed WOM, 200 domestic looks like its not happening, OS is not a popular franchise either, I can see it struggling to reach 400m WW.

6 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

RIP Hollywood

fxwa.gif

If this kind of thing teaches Hollywood to stop putting out these kinds of movies, then it’ll make it a lot more healthy than it’s been for years. A few bloody noses for the endless CGI soaked, poorly written, poorly executed, overblown, super expensive movies, might sharpen a few minds. The Flash/Dial Of Destiny double bill shocker is hopefully big enough to have a real effect moving forward. The audience is telling them to do better. This is a good thing.

Edited by FunkMiller
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

Yeah, Hollywood needed this lesson more sooner rather than later, you are NOT going to do millions just because of Franchise or IP brands anymore. People are more careful with their money these days, only good products are going to do good money for studios, as it should be.

I hope this change in the industry also kills these "Pass the torch" films where the main character is sided just because is a white/male/badass.

Edited by Belakor