Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

29 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Here is hoping walk-ups are strong and the previews end up being a lowball, despite being on par with the buzz thread.

Those walk-ups from the old peoples home are coming for the flash any day now...

Actually they just showed up! But since the flash had been removed from their local theatre already they had to settle for indy!

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, rehpyc said:

People should learn to not listen to Deadline by now. Previews aren't coming in under 7M, that's for sure.

Y'all do realise we have a tracking thread that is more precise than deadline and that's pointing to a sub-7 being perfectly plausible, right?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, screambaby said:

I'm gonna put this here cause I don't want to disrupt the tracking thread...

I'm 48 and I grew up on indy....and I never fo to bed at 8

Just remember some day your own favorite movie heroes will be a laughingstock. And judging by the box office this year some of u are 20 years ahead of me in that category...

You can’t take it too seriously man, don’t get too attached to a movie’s box office results.

I first became interested in BO stuff after In the Heights flopped. I was distraught! How could people not want to watch something that I enjoyed so much? But I’ve learned that you just gotta appreciate the art and whether it produces good financial results or not, whatever happens happens

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

You can’t take it too seriously man, don’t get too attached to a movie’s box office results.

I first became interested in BO stuff after In the Heights flopped. I was distraught! How could people not want to watch something that I enjoyed so much? But I’ve learned that you just gotta appreciate the art and whether it produces good financial results or not, whatever happens happens

For real. One of my favourite films from last year was Babylon which was a mega flop. Sometimes shit goes sideways.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

This. It sucks but we all see movies we like flop sometimes. If you can only be into BO when what you like is doing well it's best to get out and preserve mental health, you can't win all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Indy 5 performing like this is a really bad sign from Tron 3. 

Tron 3 is DOA. I adore the Tron movies but the original was a flop and Legacy did... fine? I guess? Considering how aggressive Disney marketed it I'd say it was a disappointment. If they wanted Tron 3 to do well they would have made one like 2-3 years after Legacy but they dragged their feet on it and now we have a sequel without Kosinski, without any of the major leads from either prior film, and no Daft Punk. Ugh.

• Like 3

The visual novelty of Tron can always work 

And while i loved Legacy, i think what makes it being just a moderate success is the cold aspect of it, everything feels emotionally distant, even the action is super staged 

A Tron movie more lively in the action aspect can do well … sadly the director is kinda mediocre, but let’s see, I’ve seen worse directors doing good movies suddenly

• Like 1

One positive we can say about this summer's movies so far is the movies with good or great WOM have had legs. Guardians 3, ASTV, and Elemental. The movies with decent wom have done okay-Little Mermaid and Transformers and the movies with mediorce or poor wom have dropped fast-Flash and Fast 10. If Indy has good wom it will have decent legs not enough to save it but still. Mission will be fine its got 10 full days to build off good to great Wom until barbnheimer hits and should recover and coexist with two movies after that weekend. 

• Like 1