Bob Train

Steve Rogers Birthday Bash Weekend Thread | 5-Day #s: Indy 83.4, Elemental 18, Spidey 17.65, Sound of Freedom 14.2, No Hard Feelings 11.3

1 hour ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

if we have to deal with smug, unfunny people going "people said the flash was great!" every time a movie has positive buzz I'm going to go insane

The Flash was great though.

8 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

pretty impressive a non-faith film opens this big under the radar, this is the future of cinema

Nahhh. Clearly 300+ mill budgets are the future of cinema

7 hours ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I’m Portuguese too omg. Vamos!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Team Tuga :ohmygod:

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

I am the only Portuguese allowed here. I killed the last one that showed up here which was @MCKillswitch123, he isn't around to tell his story anymore.

angry family guy GIF by HULU

Reveal hidden contents

Calúnias!

Spoiler

Just kidding, love u bb

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Claudio said:

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

pretty impressive a non-faith film opens this big under the radar, this is the future of cinema

Especially when they’re all paying for a 5 year old film. 

From a quick twitter search it seems like this one has a…. Questionable reason for the interest. 

• Sad 1

Regardless the subject (except if it's extremist right wing stuff of course) it is good to see a film breaking out at the specialty box office. It is not great for INDY to give up #1 this early. Hopefully the Cruise missile secures more advanced previews over the weekend. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Regardless the subject (except if it's extremist right wing stuff of course) it is good to see a film breaking out at the specialty box office. It is not great for INDY to give up #1 this early. Hopefully the Cruise missile secures more advanced previews over the weekend. 

From what I can gather from Twitter, it is the extreme right wing that is adopting this movie. The user on here who said that they are giving tickets away for free is technically correct as well. On the distributors website, you can “gift” tickets by buying them so others can have them for free. The result is that extreme right people are buying tickets in bulk in hopes that other extreme right wingers go see it. It seems to be working too. 

I won’t post any of the tweets here, as some of them are quite unhinged, Q-Anon related. But those interested can look it up on Twitter. To be fair, it seems the movie itself only vaguely references extreme right beliefs, but QAnon is eating it up and insists the sequel will dive further into their beliefs, it’s just the the general public isn’t “ready” to handle the full picture yet.

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

This looks just stupid enough to be fun. Strong staff list - director was a major storyboard artist on JoJo and especially Jujutsu Kaisen, written by the creator of Re:Zero (Tappei Nagatsuki) and his Vivy co-writer Eiji Umehara, and it's got the powerhouse staff of Wit Studio behind it. Isekai isn't exactly my cup of tea usually unless it's really, REALLY good but I'm glad they got the writer of my favourite isekai (Re:Zero) to helm this.

I still don't know. Every anime-US comic book fusion has been horrible (except the Japanese X-Men intro)

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Especially when they’re all paying for a 5 year old film. 

From a quick twitter search it seems like this one has a…. Questionable reason for the interest. 

Human/child trafficking exposure is questionable?

• Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

From what I can gather from Twitter, it is the extreme right wing that is adopting this movie. The user on here who said that they are giving tickets away for free is technically correct as well. On the distributors website, you can “gift” tickets by buying them so others can have them for free. This option has a minimum of 7 (!) tickets that must be purchased. The result is that extreme right people are buying tickets in bulk in hopes that other extreme right wingers buy into the movies message. It seems to be working too. 

I won’t post any of the tweets here, as some of them are quite unhinged, Q-Anon related. But those interested can look it up on Twitter. To be fair, it seems the movie itself only vaguely references extreme right beliefs, but QAnon is eating it up and insists the sequel will dive further into their beliefs, it’s just the the general public isn’t “ready” to handle the full picture yet.

Everything that I have researched about the movie says it's just a straightforward exposure of human trafficking and child trafficking. If there's qanon believers who have attached to this that's not the movies fault. I think some people are trying to twist this into something it's not. Human trafficing is not a conspiracy. It's not some right wing ideological nut Job theory. It's very real and it's something that's not talked about enough and I think a movie like this is long overdue.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Everything that I have researched about the movie says it's just a straightforward exposure of human trafficking and child trafficking. If there's qanon believers who have attached to this that's not the movies fault. I think some people are trying to twist this into something it's not. Human trafficing is not a conspiracy. It's not some right wing ideological nut Job theory. It's very real and it's something that's not talked about enough and I think a movie like this is long overdue.

I was very clear to say, to be fair to the movie it seems to only have vague references that are being taken by a certain group of people and extrapolated into something entirely different. The subject matter of the movie is a serious one and an important one. The movie is also being used in certain circles to promote QAnon conspiracies. Both can be true. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

On the distributors website, you can “gift” tickets by buying them so others can have them for free. This option has a minimum of 7 (!) tickets that must be purchased. 

minimum appears to be 1 ticket at $15 (right below the 7). 

I imagine we'll get more info on split between gifted and real tickets when they want to champion this model's success later this week. 

• Like 2

As an aside, I’m intrigued by the Pay it Forward system this studio has created. They apparently did it for their last film too “His Only Son”. The idea is to purchase tickets for others to see the film who might not otherwise be able to afford it. It’s similar to how some people buy out screens so that youth groups, etc. can see the film, but on a grander scale. You go to the website and claim the free tickets for any show near you. People are still paying for the tickets, it’s just free to those redeeming them. 

I wonder if this might be a tactic adopted by one of the major studios in the future, say for a film like Wonder, or any other film with a message. It’s gets people in theatres who might not otherwise would have been there, and creates revenue for the theatres. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

minimum appears to be 1 ticket at $15 (right below the 7). 

I imagine we'll get more info on split between gifted and real tickets when they want to champion this model's success later this week. 

Ah, I stand corrected. 
7 is the featured, default option and then there are others broken down below. I’ll update my post! Thx

What I read I have to agree with @baumer. There might be a weird following, but the film itself got generally positive reviews and no forced agenda behind it other than telling the story based on true events. Variety gave it a fresh review as well. 

• Like 5