baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

• Founder / Operator
52 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Shawn discount Tuesdays obviously yield significant increases. Everything kind of just stayed flat or decreased or increased minimally yesterday. Any theories as to why this is?

I'm probably not going out on a limb here, but I'd put that on Mission's previews pulling away from several movies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I've noticed an interesting trend here at the forums that I can't say I recall in the past.

People are bringing up random movies and saying, insert movie here, is going to make less than random movie is.

When people say something like Indiana Jones and the dial of Destiny is going to make less money than my big fat Greek wedding or mission Impossible 7 is going to make less than Iron man 2, I don't see the relevance in these comparisons. I mean why not say insidious part 5 is going to make less than gone with the wind. Or Flash is going to make less than Rocky. 🤷

you’re right. 
although I definitely keep comparing Flash with whatever it may or may not get past just for the jokes.  Can’t resist Trainwreck for example.  And I really enjoyed Flash!!

yeah, but mine are obviously jokes but some are dead serious comparing random films to each other as a benchmark. 

Mission should only be in competition with itself as a franchise. The ceiling is Fallout, but anything around it is just fine. 
We all wondered whether TGM might carry it to being seen as more of a follow up to that but that was a theory in the wind. 

Reality is $200 million plus domestic and everything is A ok. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, baumer said:

Nazi crap? I've been reading this thread for the last few hours and I haven't seen anything about nazis. Are you sure you're in the right thread?

I think the poster was referring to twitter here...he/she said Nazi app. Twitter has seen a big influx of Nazis this year

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

It's at least $2M or above, we know that. No final numbers for it yet though. The fact it's still over $2M is really impressive, the little movie that could.

25th day over 2m (nonconsecutive) It should pick up another 2-3 days this weekend as well. #ElementalSweep

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I have tons of friends seeing Mission this week that haven’t had time to go yet because of work.  The near three hour running time and PLF insistence as a way to see it will be a factor for sure. 

I'm seeing it Saturday. Looking at sales around me, it seems like a lot of people are waiting for the weekend as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PrinceRico said:

I guess Tom Cruise will not save Hollywood

MI series has been overreliance on Tom Cruise as a Star. Fallout benefit from Henry Cavil's in the cast but outside of that the MI7 has been Cruise solo time. None of the cast are actually big recognizable star. That actually means less fresh buzz for the franchise. Of course, I am still fully expecting a TGM-bump especially at the domestic market but I must say the bump isn't noticeable, or just yet. 

21 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I think the poster was referring to twitter here...he/she said Nazi app. Twitter has seen a big influx of Nazis this year

there was absolutely no “Nazi crap” posted in this thread and the only reason to bring it up was to create some kind of political derailment 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, cannastop said:

The weekend is over but I just wanted to say this:

Elemental had a similar total on its 4th weekend as Ratatouille did. $10.0 for Elemental and $10.9 for Ratatouille.

I thought that would be a more apples to apples comparison because both were summer releases.

Also looked at WALL E which had a $10.1 million 4th weekend in the Summer

26 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Would this be realistic for MI7 ? Would account to roughly 80M weekend.

Tuesday - 9M (all previews)

Wednesday - 10M

Thursday - 10M

Friday - 15M

Saturday - 20M

Sunday - 15M

Weekend seems too low 

The movie is long as hell which means stronger weekends considering the target it older people

1 minute ago, LegionWrex said:

So it's doing a classic Pixar run, we are so fucking back

let’s hope so. I was so down on its opening but the legs have been wonderful to see. If there’s one movie that’s rendered jumping to absolutes after one weekend foolish it’s this one.  The box office continues to surprise us 

• Like 1