baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

And SoF is looking about flat for Wed...with weekdays like this all week, if it holds the same through next Tuesday, it will get booked everywhere again just to keep weekdays from being deadzones (since Indy and MI7 now both seem like weekend movies)...from Deadline...

"Sound of Freedom is looking at second place with $3.9M and a running total of $53.4M. That daily gross is holding steady with Monday and Tuesday." 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Okay yeah I mean that's not good

the older conservative crowd seemed to be most into Dead Reckoning of any movie this  summer so I wonder if Sound of Freedom is actually hurting it. And then younger audiences aren't likely interested at all so it's  a bad mix

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That racist subhuman Morgan Wallen just had 13 weeks on top of Billboard charts, one of longest streaks ever.

On top of box office I also track chart data and he’s definitely gonna challenge the Billboard 100 record. He’s dethroning Olivia this week for #14.

3 minutes ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

On top of box office I also track chart data and he’s definitely gonna challenge the Billboard 100 record. He’s dethroning Olivia this week for #14.

Kill me.

BTW my whole family is from the south and I like plenty of country music both old and new. This isn't some liberal elite anti country opinion. But that guy is the lowest common denominator in every single possible way from art to humanity.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Negativity about the state of box office/world aside I do actually think that Mission number isn't completely terrible with EA. Given it dropped at 2 yesterday and it is a weekday not a Friday there's no real reason for people that couldn't see it yesterday to see it today. So the weekend could still be totally fine.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Negativity about the state of box office/world aside I do actually think that Mission number isn't completely terrible with EA. Given it dropped at 2 yesterday and it is a weekday not a Friday there's no real reason for people that couldn't see it yesterday to see it today. So the weekend could still be totally fine.

It's gonna need a pretty abnormal pattern....but this is an abnormal release! Wouldn't rule anything out until we see a Friday jump

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

It's gonna need a pretty abnormal pattern....but this is an abnormal release! Wouldn't rule anything out until we see a Friday jump

yeah why DID they release it on Wednesday?

Just to afford a few extra days before Barbenheimer?

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yes. Get more PLF screens for longer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think they were thinking of Barbie at the time. The main reason they moved it up is so they can get more days of IMAX/PLF's since Oppenheimer was going to take them all away (Tom Cruise was reportedly unhappy with that) which begs the question why they released just one week before that movie in the first place

should have just released it on normal screens on the 7th and started IMAX shows on Tuesday night so it could have at least had two full weeks though 

Edited by John Marston

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I'm terrible with projections, but just based on vibes SoF is gonna leg it out to #5 of the summer(at least), isn't it?  

2 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

SOF up from yday. 4.2M

I guess that answers my question!

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I don't think they were thinking of Barbie at the time. The main reason they moved it up is so they can get more days of IMAX/PLF's since Oppenheimer was going to take them all away (Tom Cruise was reportedly unhappy with that) which begs the question why they released just one week before that movie in the first place

should have just released it on normal screens on the 7th and started IMAX shows on Tuesday night so it could have at least had two full weeks though 

Paramount have been idiots about scheduling all year

• Like 2