cooldude97

GODZILLA MINUS ONE | Japan 11/3/23, North America 12/1/23 | Wide Release

That's why "Nippon Anime &Film Culture Association" (NAFCA) exist for a reason (May 2023)

"It is no exaggeration to say that the exhaustion of the production sites is on the verge of bankruptcy. Will Japanese animation continue to be a place where one must be prepared to live in poverty in order to break into the industry?"

"The management and production sides must understand each other's situation, be aware of their responsibilities, and use their respective wisdom to dissolve the accumulated stagnation in order to achieve a greater goal. We also want to be an organization that works together with the national government's cultural strategy and aims for even higher."

I hope workers will get a decent pay soon through their mouth piece. 

But, I don't know why it's going opposite again, MAPPA employees are complaining a lot about the working hours exceeding 18 hours a hardly finishing editing works of "Jujutsu Kaisen S2" some hours ahead of AIR. The team asked to delay the AIR but the major stakeholders kept refusing inciding possible heavy losses. MAPPA has a lot history of treating employees unfairly and lately they are taking too many productions in their hands (beyond their limits) Now, new recruits can't even complain about their working life.

• Like 7

Loooved this. So well done. I think there's a misconception in the American movies that they don't use the monsters enough, and while that's true in some parts (it's a little too much in the 2014 Godzilla, especially his very first appearance), the real issue is that in those movies the humans aren't fucking interesting, whereas here the humans are the most interesting part. It's a movie about survivors guilt and PTSD where every twenty minutes Godzilla shows up to try to kill him, it's great

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really enjoyed this. The telling of the story is a bit melodramatic for my tastes, but I did like the story and the characters are interesting which is unusual for these movies. And god damn they just nailed the Godzilla action here. I had a big dumb smile on my face pretty much anytime he was onscreen. When the Godzilla theme was playing during the third act I had chills. Great score overall. Probably the best Godzilla movie I've seen besides the OG.

58 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Some OS Numbers excluding NA

New Zealand - NZ$58,449 (28 Screens)

Australia - A$335,471 (77 Screens)

Switzerland - 1,361 admits (18 Screens)

Norway - 1,759 admits

Poland ~ 7.4K admits

Netherland - €65,063

Good stuff! What does this translate to in usd if you lnow. Thanks! 

19 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Good stuff! What does this translate to in usd if you lnow. Thanks! 

Well, I am not good at ATP adjusting Gross but surely can convert some.

$223K Australia (77 Screens)

$70K Netherland (56 Screens)

$36K New Zealand (28 Screens)

Per @ComScore, WW Weekend excluding Japan &NA - $632K in 13 Markets. (so, $303K from remaining 10 Markets)

That Edwards disaster is somehow a bigger disgrace now than ever before. Never forget it had like a 2x multi when that was basically unheard of for a big budget non CBM. Would love to see this get like a 10x or something, but it’s in the wrong spot on the cal. Next month coulda been a different story. 

41 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That Edwards disaster is somehow a bigger disgrace now than ever before. Never forget it had like a 2x multi when that was basically unheard of for a big budget non CBM. Would love to see this get like a 10x or something, but it’s in the wrong spot on the cal. Next month coulda been a different story. 

Yeah but Edward has bad luck with studios, for Godzilla WB wanted an heroic / likeable Godzilla, Edward wanted a kinda scary one, I think his vision was more closer to the Minus One movie. A force of nature that kills a lot of people. Same for Rogue One, disney pushed their vision.  I agree that he has problems with character dialogue and drama scenes but The creator proves he is one of the most talented directors out there. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The screenplay for 2014 Godzilla was lackluster. I had no emotional attachment to the any of the characters in that movie. What was their purpose? Their drive? Their internal conflicts? Why make Aaron Taylor Johnson their main character , instead of Bryan Cranston? If the ONLY appeal of any action movie is the CGI effects, Then the studios have lost.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Belakor said:

Yeah but Edward has bad luck with studios, for Godzilla WB wanted an heroic / likeable Godzilla, Edward wanted a kinda scary one, I think his vision was more closer to the Minus One movie. A force of nature that kills a lot of people. Same for Rogue One, disney pushed their vision.  I agree that he has problems with character dialogue and drama scenes but The creator proves he is one of the most talented directors out there. 

I have never heard that he had lots of studio interference, so that’s news to me. Considering both of his major blockbusters suffered from the exact same issues for me, I’m pretty inclined to think it’s him. Not a fan. 

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Good movie though

Hide contents

people laughed when the girl turned up alive in bandages at the end. Even I chuckled

I’m sure that laugh immediately stopped once that scene ended though as everyone noticed something wasn’t right 

Edited by Cookson