cooldude97

GODZILLA MINUS ONE | Japan 11/3/23, North America 12/1/23 | Wide Release

13 minutes ago, Cookson said:

As long as Toho lets this play through December it’ll easily cross 40m 

It has 10 more days in theaters, but it will lose nearly all theaters by Christmas day. Too many movies are coming out.

They should have released -1 in early January to max out the run. Maybe the next Japanese Godzilla film?

21 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Yeah there’s no way Toho can pull this early. 

They would be crazy to do so. This holiday season may have a surge of releases, but it lacks a giant movie like Avatar 2 last year thats sucks the most air out of the market. There should be enough room for -1 to play through the holidays and if its able to hold onto enough theaters in the 2nd half of December, i woudnt even count out a 70M+ gross.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaijukurt said:

Mannnn I hope this OS success makes Toho consider a South-East Asian release...

It could happen. The slow european releases are new for Toho as well, im pretty sure Shin Godzilla didnt get released here in Germany for example. If the european markets (and other places like Australia) are succesfull enough, maybe Toho decides they want to bring the movie to South East Asia as well.

• Like 1

I've seen it three times. Aiming for a fourth viewing, assuming theaters in my area show it.

What's crazy is that I sat in an empty theater the first couple of rounds. "Round three" saw a theater that was almost fully packed. Word of mouth is what's driving this film's box office.

• Like 3

I got talked into going to see this tonight and it's normally not my thing at all but I thought they trailer looked good and the reactions here and elsewhere have made me interested. And if I'm interested in a Godzilla movie, anyone can. So I wouldn't be surprised if WOM ends up very, very high in the next week. 

4 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

I got talked into going to see this tonight and it's normally not my thing at all but I thought they trailer looked good and the reactions here and elsewhere have made me interested. And if I'm interested in a Godzilla movie, anyone can. So I wouldn't be surprised if WOM ends up very, very high in the next week. 

Enjoy the show!

I'm really hoping they extend this through the holidays and it doesn't lose too many screens because the WOM doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon.

Saw this last night, really enjoyed it. Got home and watched Godzilla 2014 for comparison. Minus One definitely the superior film and I say that as someone who thinks the 2014 one is great.

Kind of wish it had ended differently though.

• Like 1