CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

3 hours ago, across the Jat verse said:

JW films are trash. I am shocked at people choosing those trash over MI films.

wouldnt use that word, but after jw4 im done with them and their superficial creativity

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

I haven’t seen the box office for Thur but I don’t think Dial of Destiny will disappear either.

it's been dead for a few days, dont see why you keep bringing it up

16 minutes ago, Algebra said:

Edit: Its projections are also falling with every single update. Last time I saw this for a Cruise movie was The Mummy

No they haven’t, this has been the expected range since the Wednesday number came in, and anyone who says otherwise was holding out hope for an above average to outlier FSS path from that Wed that never panned out 

The reality is that is just difficult to move the needle, being in new viewers to a franchise that’s on its seventh installment, and named as part 1, implying that it can’t be taken as a stand-alone film with a clean resolution 

11 minutes ago, LegionGPT said:

I find it extremely impressive how the estimate rose 2.5M from Rth late night, must have gone crazy on Pacific AM shows

It didn't - per Charlie, they finally added the Sun/Mon BO, which as expected, was about $2.5M...

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

it's been dead for a few days, dont see why you keep bringing it up

Because it’s a film that opened two weeks ago and the pattern of its dailies domestic show that there is still legs. It actually went up from Wed to Thur, just checked. Also because not all of us take box office for granted if they don’t make flashy numbers. A lot of people took Elemental and TLM for granted and they kept going. The real stress test for Indiana Jones is next weekend. Not this weekend.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

SOF will make 1b DOM after the trump screening

75M Trump votes*10.5 atp won’t even get you to nwh  :Venom:

Edited by LegionGPT

MI7 underperforming? Karma for what Cruise and McQuarrie did and for certain decisions they made.

There's a reason this film is more divisive among longtime fans of the series than among critics or casual audience. 

Edited by Movie nerd
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Because it’s a film that opened two weeks ago and the pattern of its dailies domestic show that there is still legs. It actually went up from Wed to Thur, just checked. Also because not all of us take box office for granted if they don’t make flashy numbers. A lot of people took Elemental and TLM for granted and they kept going. The real stress test for Indiana Jones is next weekend. Not this weekend.

Dude, it's likely to use a fair chunk of its theaters since Oppenheimer is a 3 hour film and I doubt people will drop MI for Oppy.