CJohn

TOM CRUISE LOVES HIS POPCORN. MOVIES. POPCORN: THE WEEKEND THREAD | We are just waiting for Barbenheimer here

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

And that did not bother me at all.  I loved how much of a De Plama homage it was,. Did not need Fallout 2. That movie is in it's own world of perfection. And the previous movies and JW 4 were their own thing. 

But the key is that it's not as infintely rewatchable as Fallout. So, this making Fallout numbers (China adjusted) on worse exchange rates globally means the audience for MI has definitely grown and if DR2 is as action intense as Mcquarrie promises, $900m-$1B is definitely on the cards

13 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

That is a very good point in the Deadline article that had it opened on a Friday it could have done the 78m 3-day OW which would have considered good. The 5-day makes it worse. The red states that usually come out for Cruise movies are watching SoF, so that's why the fall off the 90m projected opening. We'll see what shape DR really is compared to FALLOUT during the week. The extra 2-day gain will evaporate over Barbenheimer opening week (losing PLF will hurt), the second weekend drop will be much higher, the real intrigue comes from week 3 onwards. I wouldn't bury the film in US just yet. Overseas it's doing good apart from China which put Hollywood in the rearviewmirror. 

OS doing great is why the insane takes of Paramount cancelling the next Mission Impossible won't happen. 

6 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Are people seriously mad at a female centric movie finally breaking out? 

?

most i've seen is some say they were sad it's hurting MI7, have no idea what you are referring to  

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

OS doing great is why the insane takes of Paramount cancelling the next Mission Impossible won't happen. 

Imagine thinking Paramount has the juice to cancel a Tom Cruise project which is underway when he gave them their biggest hit of all time.

It's the other way around. It's Cruise who cancelled Paramount's potential Days of Thunder series and stopped them from starting an MI tv series

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

SoF has a $19.68M OW, so it's gonna be over 4x by the end of its 2nd weekend...how many Xs does it need...

To be fair, had a holiday-ish Monday opening and had already banked more than a full X before OW 

Opening Week (Mon-Sun) was $41M, should probably get 3x from that 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M37 said:

To be fair, had a holiday-ish Monday opening and had already banked more than a full X before OW 

Opening Week (Mon-Sun) was $41M, should probably get 3x from that 

Yeah, the weird release date issues is what can make some film comparisons headache inducing. Similar to how The Spidermans aren't all Friday releases and you cant truly compare OW to OW.

Thats what I appreciate about the Opening Week aspect since its still 7 days and it encompasses the whole aspect.

Getting 3x from full OW is really good to crazy on it's own terms though in this day and age.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LegionGPT said:

I expect it’ll easily clear 4x OWeek maybe 5x

Really think it has the juice to get to 200m?

160m+ I could see and would be on the train for, just not sure it can make it to that uber upper level (as if making it to 160m wouldn't already be a crazy total.)

26 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

?

most i've seen is some say they were sad it's hurting MI7, have no idea what you are referring to  

People have been saying Mi7 is going to get outgrossed by a toy commercial, Gen Z doesn’t care about anything but memes etc etc etc. 

35 minutes ago, Algebra said:

But the key is that it's not as infintely rewatchable as Fallout. So, this making Fallout numbers (China adjusted) on worse exchange rates globally means the audience for MI has definitely grown and if DR2 is as action intense as Mcquarrie promises, $900m-$1B is definitely on the cards

I hear you for the casuals just want to be enterained  crowd yes. Speaking for myself and a few others around here I could rewatch any Haley Atwell scene on a loop. 

• Heart 1

I just got out of insidious part 5 and I can see why it got a very low cinema score. I was kind of bored throughout a lot of it except for when certain characters were on screen. There's one character in the movie that completely livens up the whole thing. And whenever that character was on I really enjoyed the film . I just thought it took way too long to get to the meat and potatoes of the film. It does help the rose Byrne it's in the movie cuz I just like anything that she does. I didn't hate it, but it could have been much better. I will tell you that my brother and my niece both loved it.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Is Mission doing good?

Yes the I'm at shows were sold out and I only checked on one other showing which was just a regular one and it was about 3/4 sold out

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I hear you for the casuals just want to be enterained  crowd yes. Speaking for myself and a few others around here I could rewatch any Haley Atwell scene on a loop. 

Same here. Or Ferguson. Or Klementieff. Or Kirby. God I love women.

40 minutes ago, Cap said:

About to go into the theater for Hayley and Hayley alone. 

She’s always been fire.  But the way she looks in this I’m given the full Joey Tribiani how you doin.

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Airport scene and Rome chase were bangers...the chemistry between Atwell and Cruise was off the charts. Legit thought they'd drop the whole mission and get down to business

Edited by Algebra
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Algebra said:

It's pretty clear action thrillers and Mission Impossible has a ceiling. Feel like people are going to fall into the same trap for DR2 that they did for DR1. Unless China makes a major comeback in 2025, I don't see DR2 getting anywhere close to $900M+