kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers | Jul 17 - 20 | Wednesday | 4.74M M:I - DEAD RECKONING I | 4.72M SOUND OF FREEDOM

13 minutes ago, FunkMiller said:

Entirely anecdotal this I know, but among my friends, only a couple have gone to see MI7, and the rest are waiting for on demand. The reasoning is generally because they have good TV and sound system set ups, the movie going experience is unpleasant, and the film is long. 

Same attitude has been prevalent for most of the big movies this year - especially the ones that reviewed averagely to badly. 

I could be wrong, but this sort of attitude seems to be much more prevalent after the pandemic. It really has to be an event or something you are incredibly hyped for.

That's a pity though, MI7 is easily the best Mission Impossible movie in my opinion, it was 100% worth it to watch it on a big screen. I get it though, a lot of people would rather go to the movies this weekend for NolanBarbie, so it ended up becoming a choice between the two of them

• Like 3

Seems like the studios really won’t delay everything due to strike

At least DIS just dropped a new trailer for the star cast Haunted in Venice and keep the date for September. 

They also dropped The Creator trailer earlier this week keeping the September date. 

And i suspect the awards prospect movie Poor Things will keep it’s September 8 date as well considering this, let’s see if it will appear in the Venice lineup next week. 

Seems so insane to me that 2 of this movies have very big actors in it and they will release without them being part of the release.

Edited by ThomasNicole

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Seems like the studios really won’t delay everything due to strike

At least DIS just dropped a new trailer for the star cast Haunted in Venice and keep the date for September. 

They also dropped The Creator trailer earlier this week keeping the September date. 

And i suspect the awards prospect movie Poor Things will keep it’s September 8 date as well considering this, let’s see if it will appear in the Venice lineup next week. 

Seems so insane to me that 2 of this movies have very big actors in it and they will release without them being part of the release.

I never bought the idea that everything was going to be delayed. The only place I saw that was here, lol.

Hyped for The Marvels, The Creator, TMNT: Mutant Mayhem and that tennis flick with Zendaya for the last half of the year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I never bought the idea that everything was going to be delayed. The only place I saw that was here, lol.

Hyped for The Marvels, The Creator, TMNT: Mutant Mayhem and that tennis flick with Zendaya for the last half of the year.

The flick with Zendaya is actually maybe getting delayed because Luca asked, not the studio lol 

But they didn’t decide yet

2 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

Entirely anecdotal this I know, but among my friends, only a couple have gone to see MI7, and the rest are waiting for on demand. The reasoning is generally because they have good TV and sound system set ups, the movie going experience is unpleasant, and the film is long. 

Same attitude has been prevalent for most of the big movies this year - especially the ones that reviewed averagely to badly. 

Sigh. I get this sort of. But still it just really depresses me when I hear stuff like this. 

2 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

the moviegoing experience seeing MI7 last week for me was as good as it gets. I’ve got a great tv and sound system too and it wouldn’t even touch the theatrical experience I had last week. 
Maybe they live by a bad theatre?  

I could never wait three to four months to watch a film like MI7 on my tv. But like I said, everybody is different. 

• Like 6

Just now, wildphantom said:

the moviegoing experience seeing MI7 last week for me was as good as it gets. I’ve got a great tv and sound system too and it wouldn’t even touch the theatrical experience I had last week. 

I could never wait three to four months to watch a film like MI7 on my tv. But like I said, everybody is different. 

Yep i am  with you there. Can not imagine just being like I will wait for MI 7. But people are different. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Yeah, seeing it on IMAX while enjoying an Old Fashion was a perfect experience and I was afraid that it ends too soon rather than at any point feeling its too long. There definitely is truth to Cruise saying that it is made to see on the big screen. It was an experience that you don't get in home theaters.

As an experience it was 5 stars and elevated the movie that in itself is a 4 star movie IMO.

I think Jason Bourne is a better movie when comparing them outside the theater but in theater MI7 is a better experience, almost perfect joyride where you can get past the clunky dialogue, too many characters, and some convoluted plot moments.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

If they can wait 3-4 months for DR that means they don't wanna see it already.  If you are excited about something it's no way you can wait that long.  For myself if someone give me a free movie ticket for Barbie I'd probably rather stay home.

Edited by Mk2504
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Yep i am  with you there. Can not imagine just being like I will wait for MI 7. But people are different. 

That's the thing. Most people couldn't wait months for something that they are really interested. That's the reason why OW tend to be so big.

If people tell you they will wait for MI7, it's because they are likely not so interested in the movie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1