Eric is Quiet

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

26 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

There are contractual obligations for the first 2 weeks. In some cases, MI7 even has more screens & showtimes than Oppenheimer. Next weekend that’s gonna change. 

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think some theaters will probably get rid of MI shows for more Barbie/Oppenheimer 

It will be fine, be at worst the #4 movie and still over $20M. If SOF can hold vs Barbenheimer, MI7 won’t be shedding much next week 

4 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

how the fuck we at 41 pages by 10am est friday lol 

Because for once movies and cinema are at the center of the cultural zeitgeist again like in the good old times.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Sales for the whole weekend are insane for both movies, the only reason their previews won’t go higher is the capacity 

I think we can see a rarely +8x IM in July for both 

Expecting 165-175M for Barbie off 20-21M previews 

75-80M for Oppie off ~9M previews

7 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

Nothing lol not sure what that guy is talking about. Nolan was mad at them in general about the day and date thing - but they didn’t do that to Nolan they obliged Nolan and his Tenet demands.

Ya. I mean, you can argue he was taking a stand against the entire thing and the way he believed WB was treating everyone, etc, but they DID bend over backwards for him. In the end though it seems like he did alright with the move to Uni, and WB have their own uber-hit with Barbie, so for now everyone's happy.

• Like 2