upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

In an interview with the new York Times Gerwig kinda confirm "Barbie 2. No thanks".

Predictable but She set a world WB can use to make a new interesting movie with someone else involved. 

Asking if Robbie and Gosling will be on It. Probably with just some cameo -secondary role. 

Maybe I am in the acceptance stage of Grief with DR Part 1 but 2.4 Monday does not seem too  bad.The way the weekend was I would have not been surprised with under 2.0. Discount Tuesday should be at least 3-3.5  and and Wed and Thursday around 2. Haunted Mansion and Talk to Me will not hit as hard as Barbenheimer so I could see a decent drop for weekend 3 unless the chains shed a lot of screens now that they can. 

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

In an interview with the new York Times Gerwig kinda confirm "Barbie 2. No thanks".

Predictable but She set a world WB can use to make a new interesting movie with someone else involved. 

Asking if Robbie and Gosling will be on It. Probably with just some cameo -secondary role. 

Admirable if she sticks by this. But yeah, WB will definitely find a way to profit more off this movie, be it with a sequel or some sort of spinoff. 

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I dont see it that way. She just said she does not have an idea for anything at the moment

In your mind, is this movie the start of a franchise, or do you feel “Barbie” is a complete story with a definitive ending?
At this moment, it’s all I’ve got. I feel like that at the end of every movie, like I’ll never have another idea and everything I’ve ever wanted to do, I did. I wouldn’t want to squash anybody else’s dream but for me, at this moment, I’m at totally zero.

https://archive.is/b55wz

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Very early in the process. When they throw a ton of money at her, she might not be able to turn it down. It’s happened before where directors or actors said they were “done” with a franchise, and then changed their mind. Money talks! Lol

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Very early in the process. When they throw a ton of money at her, she might not be able to turn it down. It’s happened before where directors or actors said they were “done” with a franchise, and then changed their mind. Money talks! Lol

It’s like people have just discovered negotiation through the press is a thing since forever. Yeah she will be back for more Barbie eventually, and yeah it will be awesome. No she doesn’t need to have new ideas now and yeah, WB better shower her with trucks and trucks of cash for those ideas to start to show up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

she said at this moment she isnt thinking about it,margot robbie already said like month ago that they were talking about a sequel 

Not sure. Greta is genuinely a super cool person and has a great history with indie cinemas. He cares about the projects she is involved regardless the money. She is not going to become a corporate bunny overnight. After BARBIE she can do whatever she pleases, really. If the idea for the inevitable sequel comes organically, she might do it. No doubt that they would like to revisit that world and have more fun with it. She won't be a hired gun though.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • ...wtf 1

From everything I've read about Greta recently, she seems to really like the idea of doing big studio/franchise stuff and her recent projects reflect that. So even if she doesn't do another Barbie movie, I can see her doing another big budget movie connected to a franchise. I get the comparisons to Nolan but I don't think they really fit, considering Nolan's filmography outside of The Batman trilogy.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Tbf, she'll be tied up with the Narnia franchise soon. Maybe she could do Barbie between the two Narnia movies, but idk what the terms of her Netflix agreement are. I wouldn't be surprised if WB wants to strike while the iron's hot and get a Barbie sequel in development before Greta Gerwig is free to direct it.

1 minute ago, harrisonisdead said:

Tbf, she'll be tied up with the Narnia franchise soon. Maybe she could do Barbie between the two Narnia movies, but idk what the terms of her Netflix agreement are. I wouldn't be surprised if WB wants to strike while the iron's hot and get a Barbie sequel in development before Greta Gerwig is free to direct it.

We can always hope that Narnia goes the way of Masters of the Universe at Netflix. I really don’t think Greta needs the faith weirdos hating on her for Narnia as well, it doesn’t seem like a good fit for her. Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Bond, give her the keys to all the franchises and let her pick what she wants to do next. I like the idea of directors that make "one for them, one for me", and I think she could thrive on that.

39 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Admirable if she sticks by this. But yeah, WB will definitely find a way to profit more off this movie, be it with a sequel or some sort of spinoff. 

Gerwig may not direct but I’d estimate that, on a scale of zero to 100 percent, the chances of a Barbie 2 are, roughly speaking, one billion percent.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I guess I’m the only one curious about a Narnia movie made by her then.

But yeah, she’ll probably be eventually back for the inevitable Barbie sequel.

I don’t know, maybe she is an incredibly hardcore faith person and I haven’t figured it out yet. I’m just saying that once my cousin started getting preachy with Narnia when she started getting deep on evangelical religion is that I realized that Narnia is very much knees deep on that. I’m not saying it couldn’t work, I just never saw that on her.