upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

I am sure they will try anyway but Barbie 2 with where the film went is not easy to make, I am not sure where they would take the story from here. If Gerwig is not game it will be even tougher.

Imho should just be left alone but not like studios care.

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

I am sure they will try anyway but Barbie 2 with where the film went is not easy to make, I am not sure where they would take the story from here. If Gerwig is not game it will be even tougher.

I think a Ken spinoff is whats being talked about which seems more doable than a Barbie 2. But I don’t really think lightning will strike twice. 

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

There is obviously 0% chance WB isn’t fast-tracking Barbie 2. They just spent an entire decade miserably drowning in trying to compete with MCU and milk Potter after its expiration date. The level of gold the execs must be seeing in their eyes rn is probably frenzy tier. The only question is how much of the big 4 return (Gerwig, Baumbach, Robbie, Gosling)? Actors can prob be convinced I’m sure, but hard to say for creatives. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

There is obviously 0% chance WB isn’t fast-tracking Barbie 2. They just spent an entire decade miserably drowning in trying to compete with MCU and milk Potter after its expiration date. The level of gold the execs must be seeing in their eyes rn is probably frenzy tier. The only question is how much of the big 4 return (Gerwig, Baumbach, Robbie, Gosling)? Actors can prob be convinced I’m sure, but hard to say for creatives. 

Sometimes I am amazed at how gullible people here are. And this is coming from a Greta Gerwig fan that wants her to literally make a film about anything but Barbie in the future. All of them will be back, they will be back. My bet is 2030, Barbie is 40 and they will find an angle from there.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Sometimes I am amazed at how gullible people here are. And this is coming from a Greta Gerwig fan that wants her to literally make a film about anything but Barbie in the future. All of them will be back, they will be back. My bet is 2030, Barbie is 40 and they will find an angle from there.

You’re really going to talk about people being gullible in the same sentence you think WB is waiting 7 YEARS to capitalize on their first new juggernaut since who knows when? Lololol 

Edited by MovieMan89

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

There is obviously 0% chance WB isn’t fast-tracking Barbie 2.

Hard to fast-track a film if writers and actors can't even take a meeting about it at the current moment 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

You’re really going to talk about people being gullible in the same sentence you think WB is waiting 7 YEARS to capitalize on their first new juggernaut since who knows when? Lololol 

This is me being an optimist. Meaning, they would have an angle and something to say about a Barbie as a 40 year old. Of course it will happen sooner than that. I give it 4 to 5 year, tops. I have a strong feeling all of them will be very busy meanwhile though.

WB will push something to happen by 2026. They won’t stand around on this gold mine for long, and you can’t convince the execs to see the “big picture” of why waiting could pay off in a situation like this.  Maybe if they had all these huge thriving IPs, but nope. 

Ken spin-off prob seems the most likely to get out by 26, esp since they’re unlikely to care as much about Gerwig being involved there. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Obviously WB needs to tap into a veteran auteur director who has helmed some of their most visionary films to take the reins on Barbie 2. The sequel would be nothing like the original in the hands of the incomparable Tim Burton!

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

WB will push something to happen by 2026. They won’t stand around on this gold mine for long, and you can’t convince the execs to see the “big picture” of why waiting could pay off in a situation like this.  Maybe if they had all these huge thriving IPs, but nope. 

I mean, 4 to 5 years isn’t that big of an wait. The Batman’s sequel will take around that too. Here is your precedent.

1 hour ago, across the Jat verse said:

Even more impressive. They maintained and build interest for 20+ films, when others cant even do for 7-8.

Potter had lost 30-35% admits from first part till last. Avatar is 30% down in 2nd part itself, could be down to less than half by the time 5th come.

I wonder what percentage admissions The Marvels will be at compared to Endgame.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I mean, 4 to 5 years isn’t that big of an wait. The Batman’s sequel will take around that too. Here is your precedent.

Barbie is a way bigger success than that. It’s not even comparable. The execs are not going to wait long, I guarantee you. WB is too thirsty for this. They will ruin it before they will wait. 

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ken spin-off prob seems the most likely to get out by 26, esp since they’re unlikely to care as much about Gerwig being involved there. 

The Hollywood labor strike could throw a wrinkle into the situation, but I agree Warner is gonna pump out a new Barbie movie by 2027 at the latest. 

• Like 1

A Ken spin-off with Gosling (that one has to assume he will have quite a bit of creative control over) has to be a given. Once the strike ends I suspect that'll be one of the very first things to get the green light.

Huh.

If you saw Barbie or Oppenheimer in Canada over the weekend, you may have paid more than usual.

The Globe and Mail reports that Cineplex was adopting “variable” or “dynamic pricing” for these films, meaning it charged more for them than other titles due to increased demand. The so-called ‘Barbenheimer’ double-feature led to Cineplex’s biggest summer weekend to date.

As The Globe points out, Cineplex hiked general admission prices, not premium formats like IMAX, depending on the theatre. For example, Cineplex’s Yonge-Eglinton theatre in Toronto charged $14.50 for Barbie and Oppenheimer, versus $13.50 for Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning — Part One at the same location. However, another Toronto theatre, located in The Beaches, sold tickets for all three films for $12.99. Meanwhile, Barbie was priced at $15.50 at Vancouver’s Scotiabank Theatre, compared to $14.50 for Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

In a statement to The Globe, a Cineplex spokesperson claimed “this is a practice that has been in place for a number of years; anticipated consumer demand is one of the factors considered when determining pricing, as well as location, a guest’s age, day of week and others.” They added that “there are no surprises and a guest is fully aware of what they are paying when they select their ticket type.”

Of course, one could argue that many people likely aren’t aware of this practice, especially if they don’t go to the movies often and may have only been going due to the whole “Barbenheimer” craze. It’s not as if Cineplex makes this information readily available. To that point, Cineplex doesn’t clearly list price breakdowns on its website, so users can only figure out exact costs upon checkout. Therefore, there is no clear frame of reference for whether tickets in one area of Toronto might cost more than those sold at another location in the city.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2023/07/25/cineplex-barbenheimer-increased-ticket-prices-canada/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cineplex-barbenheimer-increased-ticket-prices-canada

What is this? Uber lmao?!

Just now, filmlover said:

A Ken spin-off with Gosling (that one has to assume he will have quite a bit of creative control over) has to be a given. Once the strike ends I suspect that'll be one of the very first things to get the green light.

Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn