upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Barbie passing Mario for #1 of the year? Gamers oppressed by females yet again. :( 

This is what happens when Barbie outgrosses Mario ☹️😶😐:ph34r::)

Spoiler

7tt21p.jpg

• ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, Derpity said:

Empire went way too big with his early number on Monday. Then he went way too conservative on Tuesday. And now I think the pendulum is back to way too high for Wednesday. Going to go ahead and expect a 10% drop, which would be historically amazing.

Yep, I'm expecting $20-22m for Barbie on Wednesday. Staying flat is not impossible on Wednesday (in fact, both Avatar and TFA actually increased on their first wednesday) but I don't think the conditions for that are met here. Would be nice if true though.

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

$1M+ CLUB: DISCOUNT TUESDAY

1. BARBIE ($26M)

2. OPPENHEIMER ($12M)

3. SOUND OF FREEDOM ($3.4M)

4. M:I 7 ($3.1M)

5. ELEMENTAL ($1.4M)

6. INDY 5 ($1.2M)

7. INSIDIOUS 5 ($1.1M)

Shoutout to Insidious. That movie may be overshadowed completely by certain other movies, but its quietly nearing franchise-best numbers domestically and worldwide. One of the most consistent horror franchises.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

So if Barbie does what Empire says and has done for tuesday, which is 25 million you think it has a chance to stay flat on wednesday? There's about as much chance of that as a snowball surviving in a microwave

Edit

Sorry you're saying that it could be closer to number one then number two.

I also don't think it's really fair that you keep the force awakens off of here. What's the difference between Christmas weekdays and summer weekdays

With the latest news from Jat and Empire implying flat Wednesday, I'ma say highest non-holiday Wednesday is looking like 50/50 now lol. 

If it holds, that would imply that the sky is basically the fucking limit for this movie

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

He-Man should actually be a straight-up fantasy adventure, maybe play with the tropes within it but still be a fantasy adventure first. There's a distinct lack of those for sure.

Dungeons and Dragons proved that earnest fantasy movies are still a hard sell.

• Sad 1