upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

yes cause their other alternative is "Starring that girl who tanked WSS and Shazam 2 and then threw a twitter tantrum". 

Imagine getting cast in a Spielberg movie and then getting upstaged by a Scream Queen that did a soulless Netflix show 

Ran some quick math ... despite starting off with a much lower preview value, Barbenheimer (barring a weak Thursday) should finish its first week just between TFA ($390.86M) and No Way Home ($385.87M). And there's a decent (20-25% ??) chance that it can catch all the way up to TFA by Sunday, at $540.1M. Needs a ~$153M combined second weekend, depending on where exactly Thursday numbers fall

Now not even July can match the strength of the post-Christmas weekdays, so Barbenheimer will surely lose ground starting on Monday, but then also won't have the post-holiday drop-off in weeks 3 & 4 (>50% both weeks for TFA), and can catch back up. We're probably looking at $700M+ by the end of week 3, and there's a very real chance of seeing a combined domestic total over $900M, if not making a real run at TFA's $936.66M record total

ax43ZjB.png

I realize it can be viewed as somewhat cheating to combine to films in this manner, but given the shared release date and the natural cross-promotion, these titles are inexorably linked in a way that viewing their grosses as an aggregate total just seems ... right. Two movies, but a shared cultural phenomenon

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Just now, John Marston said:

Yeah MI might fall below Indiana Jones. One of the most embarrassing runs ever 

It fell victim to one of the classic blunders - never go up against internet memes when box office grosses are on the line.

Also, naming it part 1 in the title definitely had a minor if telling effect for sure. A lot of people will skip it because it's part 1 of 2 thinking they will catch it before the conclusion and end up skipping part 2 anyway because they won't have caught up on part 1.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Yeah MI might fall below Indiana Jones. One of the most embarrassing runs ever 

Thats a bit of the hyperbole. MI7 is having a disappointing, underperforming run for sure and will probably loose some money theatralically in the end.

But one of the most embarrassing runs ever? Nah, no chance. From this year, only The Flash and Indy 5 could claim to come close to such a title and even then, "ever" is such a strong word. Compared to films like "Mars needs Moms", "Mortal Engines" or "Heavens Gate", Mission Impossible 7 looks very good.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Day and Date The Best said:

Hope Barbie gets into the 2 billion WW club.

Incredibly difficult. I dont think in all honesty that it could go much higher than roughly 1,65B even in the best case scenario.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Imagine getting cast in a Spielberg movie and then getting upstaged by a Scream Queen that did a soulless Netflix show 

Not hard to imagine cause her rise to fame baffles me. I fully expect Gal gadot and those goofy "dwarves" to upstage her too. 

1 minute ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Meg 2 feels like one of those “They made another one?” movies. We had fun the first time but did we need to go back? 

Mission: Impossible was definitely a victim of a poor release date. Shoulda gone to August. 

Coupled with clunky marketing and an unfortunate title. The only thing not going against this films financial prospects was the film itself. 

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Not hard to imagine cause her rise to fame baffles me. I fully expect Gal gadot and those goofy "dwarves" to upstage her too. 

I think Snow White is perfectly positioned to underperform in a big way. There's been Snow White movies already since it's a public domain property, there's no big song from the original to act as the hook, Zegler may be coming off of 3 flops depending on the Hunger Games sequel, Gadot isn't exactly a good actress beyond how Jenkins managed to use her in the first Wonder Woman. And that's before the right wing media gets their "A Latina Snow White" schtick when they pretend to care about a snow white movie.

36 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

yes cause their other alternative is "Starring that girl who tanked WSS and Shazam 2 and then threw a twitter tantrum". 

Moderation

Yeah, no. We don't need to do this petty, mean nonsense here. You're more than free to say the upcoming Snow White will bomb/underperform, but stuff like this is absolutely unnecessary.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

the marketing for this film will be studied in marketing classes for now on. Bet on it!

Haha, that guys is unfortunately off to a bad start. His first tweet is fake, that 3D ad is A impossible and B doesn’t exist. 

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think Snow White is perfectly positioned to underperform in a big way. There's been Snow White movies already since it's a public domain property, there's no big song from the original to act as the hook, Zegler may be coming off of 3 flops depending on the Hunger Games sequel, Gadot isn't exactly a good actress beyond how Jenkins managed to use her in the first Wonder Woman. And that's before the right wing media gets their "A Latina Snow White" schtick when they pretend to care about a snow white movie.

I mean the right wingers who are complaining about "wokeness" were never going to see this movie? The kids aren't going to care about this silly nonsense, and we are already seeing a "woke" movie hitting box office records right now as we speak. Not saying Snow White is impervious to bombing or whatever, but right wing media and YouTube grifter silliness impacts nothing.