Minneapolis-St.Paul Area Previews:

Taylor Swift: Eras Tour (T-43):

Day: T-43 Shows New Seats Sold Seats % Sold
Totals: 16 theaters 77 5807 5807 12843 45.22

Comps (Last day I tracked each of these):

0.66x Barbie w/ EA at T-1: $14.6 Million

1.2x Oppenheimer at T-1: $12.6 Million

1.33x Mission Impossible w/ EA at T-0: $11.67 Million

Basically at T-43 it has outsold Oppenheimer the day before its release and Mission Impossible 1 hour before the start of its run... LOL

I might keep comping like this, because I think it's interesting and really do think it is useless to comp with normal releases because this is the most frontloaded thing I have ever seen. It's all about the smaller chains now; my 5 MTC1 theaters average over 95% capacity filled, but the other theaters range anything 3 to 25%.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Orlando-Daytona-Gainesville greater region 

FRIDAY

TAYLOR SWIFT: THE ERA TOUR

T-43

SHOWINGS

SEATS SOLD

TOTAL SEATS

PERCENT SOLD

22.8%

*numbers taken as of 6:00PM EST

SEATS SOLD SINCE YESTERDAY

N/A

SHOWINGS ADDED SINCE YESTERDAY

SELLOUTS

COMPS 

First few hours

Since there's no real good comp, i'll just bring out all the big guns. 

(8.979x) of Barbie

~$189M FRIDAY

(2.092x) of GOTG3

~$36.6M FRIDAY

(3.447x) of ATSV

~$59.8M FRIDAY

(12.740x) of Oppenheimer 

~$133.7M FRIDAY

(5.180x) of TLM

~$53.36M FRIDAY

Would I be shocked if the ERA TOUR takes the OW crown from Barbie, no...Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF by MOODMAN

Saturday sales are also really strong

SHOWINGS

SEATS SOLD

TOTAL SEATS

PERCENT SOLD

13.4%

SELLOUTS

0.911x of Friday sales.  

Well, this looks like it won't be crazy frontloaded in the OW at least...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Denver is already at 3711 tickets sold. Comps won't really be useful, but just to get a sense of scale, at least locally: Barbie T-3 was at 4274 tickets sold. Let's see how frontloaded this is.

Taylor Swift Eras Tour Denver Friday

AMC Westminster 24

Total 1409 2629 53.59%

AMC Highlands Ranch 24

Total 1216 1335 91.09%

SEATS SOLD SOLD PAST DAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS SHOWINGS
6313 N/A 17009 37.12% 13 106

0.612 Barbie T-0
1.462 Doctor Strange MoM 11.5 hours
0.976 NWH 11 hours
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 5

31 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

I might keep comping like this, because I think it's interesting and really do think it is useless to comp with normal releases because this is the most frontloaded thing I have ever seen. It's all about the smaller chains now; my 5 MTC1 theaters average over 95% capacity filled, but the other theaters range anything 3 to 25%.

You actually gave me an idea 💡 with this comment …

A plausible comp for Eras Tour OD Friday  and this method (portion of final) might be the Barbie Blow-Out party showings on Wed (I believe we have an estimated final value for that portion?). Similar female heavy massive early sales rush & high ATP, and it’s not really about pace, since capacity will be limited, but rather just about total volume of sales 

Other high volume EA shows (Batman, TGM) might also work similarly 

• Like 1

It looks like smaller Canadian chain, Landmark Cinemas, has added Taylor Swift Eras Tour shows. They have about 40 locations across Canada, and are probably the second biggest chain up here.

It's only in some locations it seems though, but, I can't see that lasting long. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M37 said:

A plausible comp for Eras Tour OD Friday  and this method (portion of final) might be the Barbie Blow-Out party showings on Wed (I believe we have an estimated final value for that portion?). Similar female heavy massive early sales rush & high ATP, and it’s not really about pace, since capacity will be limited, but rather just about total volume of sales 

you are reaching at it looking at one single data point. As the article I posted, MTC 1/2 were ahead of the rest when it comes to presales. Other chains started late and so there would be some delay while their sales catch up. Also Friday shows in US start at 6PM and so its like previews. Saturday MTC1 has 5926 shows and MTC2 has 5233 shows already. I am expecting 25K shows nationwide on sat/sunday and will dominate the big screens. That may be 4m tickets available on each day. You can do the math on what is possible with inflated ticket prices across the board. SO MTC1 ratio would be way lower as smaller market has same ticket rates as Lincoln Square !!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, M37 said:

Yeah basically what Key said, that would be a good way of calculating MTC1 gross but I’m not sure how much it can help us with Friday as a whole 

35 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:
SEATS SOLD SOLD PAST DAY TOTAL SEATS PERCENT SOLD THEATERS SHOWINGS
6313 N/A 17009 37.12% 13 106

0.612 Barbie T-0
1.462 Doctor Strange MoM 11.5 hours
0.976 NWH 11 hours

Nearly matching NWH with a 50% (est.) ATP increase is wild. 

Most interestingly though, they could have easily jacked up prices another 30%+ and it would still sell just like it is right now.

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Good for theaters and all, but ngl, I'm gonna be very disappointed if a Taylor Swift concert movie breaks $100M. Sigh.

Can't Imagine when you'll hear about the 1.5B dollars at the concert business 

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, XXR Was Right said:

Nearly matching NWH with a 50% (est.) ATP increase is wild. 

Most interestingly though, they could have easily jacked up prices another 30%+ and it would still sell just like it is right now.

I have noticed seniors and children have the same price when usually seniors cost a little bit more than children .

Edited by vale9001