katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

57 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Universal has more than two films, they released Ruby Gillman and they have Strays and The Last Voyager of the Demeter in August. Sony also released No Hard Feelings and Insidious. 

None of those are blockbusters. 

Re live action, Iger has already acknowledged their "throw everything at the wall and hope some of it sticks" strategy is not working out very well, so I just hope he was being honest saying he was trying to move away from that.

I do have a certain curiosity about a few of their live action reboots on the docket, which I can't say I did about Haunted Mansion or Indy 5.

• Like 2

Just now, AniNate said:

Re live action, Iger has already acknowledged their "throw everything at the wall and hope some of it sticks" strategy is not working out very well, so I just hope he was being honest saying he was trying to move away from that.

I do have a certain curiosity about a few of their live action reboots on the docket, which I can't say I did about Haunted Mansion or Indy 5.

What Iger says and what Iger does are not the same thing. He recently said Disney would cut back on Star Wars movies and TV shows right after dating 3 Star Wars movies for 2026 and 2027. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If anything after Paramount blew the release for MI7, Cruise has even more power. Without him Paramount would probably had gone bust or would be in a very poor shape. MI7 still going to be their biggest hit of the year. When Cruise made a film for Par the last decade, he delivered almost all the time.

2022 TGM highest grosser for Par, #1 domestic overall

2021 no TC, best Par film #8

2020 no TC, best Par film #24

2019 no TC, best Par film #32

2018 FALLOUT highest grosser for Par, #8 overall

2017 no TC, best Par film #24

2016 REACHER sequel #56, best Par film #16

2015 ROGUE NATION highest grosser for Par #8 overall

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

If anything after Paramount blew the release for MI7, Cruise has even more power. Without him Paramount would probably had gone bust or would be in a very poor shape. MI7 still going to be their biggest hit of the year. When Cruise made a film for Par the last decade, he delivered.

2016 no TC, best Par film #16

2015 ROGUE NATION highest grosser #8 overall

2016 did have a Tom Cruise movie, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back and did average business.

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

What Iger says and what Iger does are not the same thing. He recently said Disney would cut back on Star Wars movies and TV shows right after dating 3 Star Wars movies for 2026 and 2027. 

Well, there's dating and there's actually filming them. At one point there was one that was supposed to come out this year.

Shareholders like predictability, but they're not necessarily obligated to move forward with it. 

Edited by AniNate

10 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

If anything after Paramount blew the release for MI7, Cruise has even more power. Without him Paramount would probably had gone bust or would be in a very poor shape. MI7 still going to be their biggest hit of the year. When Cruise made a film for Par the last decade, he delivered almost all the time.

2016 REACHER sequel #56, best Par film #16

2015 ROGUE NATION highest grosser for Par #8 overall

Being their biggest hit of the year doesn't really matter when they still lose money cause it cost them 300mil

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Well, there's dating and there's actually filming them. At one point there was one that was supposed to come out this year.

Shareholders like predictability, but they're not necessarily obligated to move forward with it. 

Shareholders... don't like anything about Disney right now  lol. 

Disney is not going under anytime soon, people; it is going through  a rough time, but that happens to every studio.

It was actually a little overdue for a rough period.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Iger is the reason for all their problems right now in the first place. Paycheck barely knew how to tie his shoe, let alone set so many bad major strategies into motion so quickly. He was simply following along from what Iger left him (which was a mess waiting to happen). 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Anyways… have we addressed the fact that Barbenheimer could end up the #1 grosser WW post pandemic and beat The Force Awakens for the all time title DOM… 

TFA never had a chance against Barbenheimer.