Oppy: 15,06M --> 6,9M (-54,18%)

Monday-to-Monday Drops:

Barbie: 26,1M --> 14,9M (-42,9%)

Oppy: 12,6M --> 6,9M (-45,2%)

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Is TMNT scheduled to take the Dolby PLFs? If so then it might drop harder than that but idk

At my AMC Barbie never really had much PLF presence to begin with but TMNT has 4 Dolby screenings today and Oppenheimer has all the other Dolby and/or IMAX screenings. I forgot TMNT actually opens today at 2PM and not tomorrow. So, potentially, if there's any crossover at all which I don't think there is, it could start impacting Barbie and Oppenheimer this afternoon.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Is TMNT scheduled to take the Dolby PLFs? If so then it might drop harder than that but idk

Well it's taking at least some of them... all the dolby shows at the one AMC checked are Turtles Turtles Turtles all the way down

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Ehhh Haunted Mansion already took most of the Dolby showtimes so I think that's the film that should be the most worried.

Just now, Torontofan said:

Opp heading to 300 million? 

Yes, i think so. I dont see any reason why its later legs could be cut short since it has its 100 Day window and it has IMAX deep into August. Plus, it is part of a pop culture phenomenon together with Barbie and phenomenons usually outpferorm conservative estimates/expectations.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Both are just too consistently impressive maybe?

What are your thoughts on what Mutant Mayhem and Meg will do this week/weekend?

It's actually funny that it's now becoming relatively common that a film opens pretty big, and then has a 4x or more multiple. If Barbie does it, it'll be the third time in 14 months. And Mario isn't far off, but hard to evaluate with its Wednesday start.

I kind of miss when a big hit would only get a 2.5-3.0x multiple, but it just opens so big that it doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, vafrow said:

It's actually funny that it's now becoming relatively common that a film opens pretty big, and then has a 4x or more multiple. If Barbie does it, it'll be the third time in 14 months. And Mario isn't far off, but hard to evaluate with its Wednesday start.

I kind of miss when a big hit would only get a 2.5-3.0x multiple, but it just opens so big that it doesn't matter.

I guess that's happening because of capacity contraints on the OW (PLFs for Avatar, general capacity for Mario, Barbie and TGM which theatres probably didn't expect to play as big as a MCU tentpole). Saying that, Maverick did open to 4,735 locations so maybe I'm just chatting shit but I'd be curious to see the showing counts for all of these movies in their OW versus something like No Way Home or Multiverse of Madness.

Edited by IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, vafrow said:

Think it's a combination of lack of grosses from China which tend to be very frontloaded with some exceptions and it seems post-COVID when something hits the zeitgeist it really hits. I actually like it because it makes hitting $1B really special again.