Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Sunday-to-Monday drops:

Barbie: 29,3M --> 14,9M (-49,1%)

Oppy: 15,06M --> 6,9M (-54,18%)

Monday-to-Monday Drops:

Barbie: 26,1M --> 14,9M (-42,9%)

Oppy: 12,6M --> 6,9M (-45,2%)

Fantastic holds for both. Barbie continues to dominate while Oppy holds strong despite a 3 hr runtime on weekdays. You truly love to see it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

All I can say is women have been too long underserved by the summer blockbusters, that is why they flock so hard in this one.

I know that the running joke is how studios are going to rush out to make every toy line a movie, but, if the real lesson is that studios need to invest more for theatre worthy blockbusters for the female demographic, I wonder if that big budget Nancy Myers project that WB was rumoured to pick up from Netflix might move forward.

The idea of a $130M RomCom was mocked when it was with Netflix, but, I honestly think it's a worthwhile experiment for a major studio. 

I have no idea what a RomCom at that scale looks like on screen, but if it can look and feel different, I think you can draw a crowd. 

14 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I believe it has to do with a license agreement with BBC films, one of the co producers. Something similar happened with other Netflix movies they worked on like His House and The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. Will probably be made available on BBC iPlayer, but it's annoying that British Netflix productions are consistently only taken off British Netflix.

• Like 2

Barbie would be at around 410M after end of 2nd week. 

If Barbie has 50% weekly drop for rest of it's run, it would finish at 562M

50% weekly drop - 562M

45% weekly drop - 596M

40% weekly drop - 638M

35% weekly drop - 692M

30% weekly drop - 765M

25% weekly drop - 865M

I am leaning more towards that 35% drop scenario..it would put it close to 700M.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vafrow said:

I know that the running joke is how studios are going to rush out to make every toy line a movie, but, if the real lesson is that studios need to invest more for theatre worthy blockbusters for the female demographic, I wonder if that big budget Nancy Myers project that WB was rumoured to pick up from Netflix might move forward.

The idea of a $130M RomCom was mocked when it was with Netflix, but, I honestly think it's a worthwhile experiment for a major studio. 

I have no idea what a RomCom at that scale looks like on screen, but if it can look and feel different, I think you can draw a crowd. 

That 130m is probably more in place of percentages on box office gross. Be shocked if the actual budget was more than 80m

• Like 2

MON in third week

Incredibles 2 - $10.4M ($248M left

The Dark Knight - $10.5M ($211M left

Avengers: Endgame - $10.7M ($226M left

Jurassic World - $11.6M ($238M left

Top Gun: Maverick - $12.4M ($411M left

Barbie - $15M

I say Barbie will make $300M or more in the rest of its run. $666M-plus lifetime. Way of Water & Maverick are in danger.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

54 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

ced94a531d3f6b4f367f00b4435474f2e98ba3d5

@Brainbug rn

Im not panicking. I am very calm. Im always happy to see quality movies succeed and following Barbie so far has been a joy. Tracking the box office hasnt been so much fun for a very long time for many of us here i believe. One can only wish Barbie all the best going forward.

Spoiler

That said, it will stop at 652M im sure of it.

Spoiler

It ... it must stop there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

@across the Jat verse do you have any numbers for haunted mansion and sound of freedom? I'm really curious as to if sound of freedom might surpass it on weekday numbers.

It's unfortunate that haunted mansion did so poorly because I actually enjoyed it which I did not think I would.

2.4 hm and 2ish real for SoF, official may be bit higher or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1