Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Yeah, his numbers are from studio - 

He has basically dumped Disney $2.3M Japan Number. And you still insisting that he follows Studios.

I take numbers reported at Deadline International Column by Studio. @Purple Miniondoes the same. BOM is not correct after weeks. Their intial numbers are from studio and later weeks they does the own conversion. A known fact -

I hardly quoted you in last 6 months after you misunderstanding me our Avatar China Update - 

And you conveniently ignored my argument that I post all updates. You have an issue with that, but not with ERC? BARBIE made 11.8M on one day. ERC stupidly rounded it to 11M and that's fine with you? He already got studio numbers but chose to CHANGE the numbers? 🤣🤣🤣

Deadline also uses initial estimates. BOM just corrects them later on.

LOL of course you wouldn't quote me. And yet you still have these passive-aggressive posts. Do yourself a favor. Do not interact with me in any way.

18 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is overhated tbh. 

I don't think so, more like underhated, its imdb deserves to be lower than 6 when more decent monster flicks still have lower score. But JP3 is certainly overhated, it's perfectly serviceable and mostly well shot adventure flick that doesn't overstay its welcome with its short running time, its biggest problem is lack of ambition first 2 films had, it just exists because they had to milk the franchise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Why is that?

We went with our friends and their 9 year old and he was wondering what was with all the Chinese covers of the songs. I think if you didn’t know the business aspect you’d be scratching your head a little. 

A step-up quality wise for me, but unfortunately I think it’ll be the last one. Hopefully the next round Meg can have an R rated film. The dinosaurs here were the like the bugs in Jurassic World: Dominion, we didn’t come for these, give us all the sharks instead. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I don't think so, more like underhated, its imdb deserves to be lower than 6 when more decent monster flicks still have lower score. But JP3 is certainly overhated, it's perfectly serviceable and mostly well shot adventure flick that doesn't overstay its welcome with its short running time, its biggest problem is lack of ambition first 2 films had, it just exists because they had to milk the franchise.

I agree JP3 is underrated by far. I really think people didnt give it a real chance with it being the first one without Spielberg.

In fact i think the order of releases is how i view them quality wise -

Jurassic Park

The Lost World

Jurassic Park 3

Jurassic World

Fallen Kingdom

Dominion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

I agree JP3 is underrated by far. I really think people didnt give it a real chance with it being the first one without Spielberg.

In fact i think the order of releases is how i view them quality wise -

Jurassic Park

The Lost World

Jurassic Park 3

Jurassic World

Fallen Kingdom

Dominion.

It's kinda sad it gets worse and worse with each subsequent installment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

And you conveniently ignored my argument that I post all updates. You have an issue with that, but not with ERC? BARBIE made 11.8M on one day. ERC stupidly rounded it to 11M and that's fine with you? He already got studio numbers but chose to CHANGE the numbers? 

LOL of course you wouldn't quote me. And yet you still have these passive-aggressive posts. Do yourself a favor. Do not interact with me in any way.

Laughing emoji speaks much about your personality that you are arrogant with pretty egoistic character. I am telling you straight now - if you don't understand me, do not place blank accusations on me. Yesterday too you did the same. But, relax off but today you started again when I just wrote once yesterday.

I haven't ever had attacked our Luiz Tweets either. Just told once without any quote to follow. You are free to do what you want but again today you start with indirect speech - 

I neither used Lol nor any agression emoji either and you called me I am passing passive-aggressive post on you. 

Anyways, I fairly have better things to do then answering your calls on me.

Joe Johnston is no Spielberg (who is?) but he's always excelled at making fun competent adventure films. Jurasic 3, Rocketeer, the original Jumanji, Hidalgo, even the first Cap flick.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That seems ok, so $290-320m total? Or is it expected to miss a 2x multiplier in China? 

Maoyan predicts around 140 mill total. So way over 300 mill if that holds up

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

And you conveniently ignored my argument that I post all updates. You have an issue with that, but not with ERC? BARBIE made 11.8M on one day. ERC stupidly rounded it to 11M and that's fine with you? He already got studio numbers but chose to CHANGE the numbers? 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Issac Newton said:

Laughing emoji speaks much about your personality that you are arrogant with pretty egoistic character. I am telling you straight now - if you don't understand me, do not place blank accusations on me. Yesterday too you did the same. But, relax off but today you started again when I just wrote once yesterday.

I haven't ever had attacked our Luiz Tweets either. Just told once without any quote to follow. You are free to do what you want but again today you start with indirect speech - 

I neither used Lol nor any agression emoji either and you called me I am passing passive-aggressive post on you. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/23cb0701-b619-40d2-88f9-291cea6640e8

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It's kinda sad it gets worse and worse with each subsequent installment.

Yep it is, and its also sad how often that happens with a movie series.

But yeah Dominion is just a genuine bad film. I mean i like bad films, sometimes lol, and its rare for me to call a film outright bad. So if you really hated Fallen Kingdom, god knows what you would think of Dominion!.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

You are the one who polices updates here and I am the arrogant one? The egotistical one? Who between the two of us tells here to believe what we posts because they are a gift to the world? Not me. If you indeed have better things to do, you wouldn't have time for Luiz's post.

L. M. A. O.