Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates - Barbie $53M (hit a billion!), Meg2 $30M, Oppy $28.7, TMNT - $27.95M (5-day $43M), HauntedMansion $8.97M

3 minutes ago, Eric the Turtle said:

I thought your last post was the last you would say on this.

Tell that to the people who want to keep arguing with a clear bias that doesn’t depict the full picture. 

But yes, the full picture speaks for itself at this point, so moving on… 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Tell that to the people who want to keep arguing with a clear bias that doesn’t depict the full picture. 

Then just don't respond to them. It's really not that hard to ignore people when they reply to your posts. Do you have to argue with people over a silly Pixar movie? Will the universe implode if you don't? Last I checked, that's not the case. 

And yes, because I know you will say it, this also applies to people who respond to you. But if you don't like people arguing with a "clear bias", why can't you take action and just not respond? Trust me, you don't have to reply to every post. It's okay.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eric the Turtle said:

Then just don't respond to them. It's really not that hard to ignore people when they reply to your posts. Do you have to argue with people over a silly Pixar movie? Will the universe implode if you don't? Last I checked, that's not the case. 

And let someone on the internet think they are right?!  Are you mad?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Excellent total for Insidious: The Red Door! 

I saw Meg 2: The Trench and thought it was much more entertaining than The Meg btw. 

The China/US coproduction stuff is still extremely jarring though. 

I too will be seeing the Meg part 2 and just to follow up along with what you were saying about the co-production stuff, I started watching hidden strike, the Jackie Chan John Cena movie and I had to turn it off after a half an hour. There was just something really off about it. It looked like the entire thing was 1999 cgi. Everything on location or supposedly on location looks like it was done on a commodore 64. And that's just one of a litany of things that I didn't like about it including the acting the story The script the editing the directing the production values. It was just really weird. 

• Haha 1

Insidious part 5 looks like it's going to flirt with 200 million. This franchise is really consistent and people keep coming back to their movies. I didn't really care for this one but I hope they make another one and I hope it's just a successful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Insidious part 5 looks like it's going to flirt with 200 million. This franchise is really consistent and people keep coming back to their movies. I didn't really care for this one but I hope they make another one and I hope it's just a successful.

They are making a spin-off called Thread: An Insidious Story with Kumail Nanjiani and Mandy Moore. 

Just now, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

They are making a spin-off called Thread: An Insidious Story with Kumail Nanjiani and Mandy Moore. 

Just from that brief description that sounds horrible.

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, dxmatrixdt said:

finally Grace Randolph releases her movie math video.  i bet the BOT lobby was packed today waiting so long for this.

i was trying to find a gif of the ewok jumping up and down when C3PO tells the ewoks stories at night, so in this video, the ewok does it at 10 seconds.  i imagine this is what BOT is like when Grace Randolph goes live.

Thank you for spreading the good word and message, of our lord and savior, far and wide for everyone to hear. 

So... Are the numbers expected to remain about the same with Meg edging out Oppenheimer and Oppenheimer edging out Turtles?

I did my Mutant Megham double feature. Good time. Each was exactly as advertised. Mutant Mayhem should have some nice legs through August and eventually clear 100M DOM.

Nice to see Elemental to still chugging along to get to the 5x multiplier. Looks like it's starting to hold pretty well in Japan so wondering if 500M WW is still a possibility for it with decent legs there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Barbie's WW week splits have looked like this

1 / 356.3M / - / -

2 / 780.7M / +424.4M / -

3 / 1030M (est.) / +249.3M / -41.3%

41.3% drops => $1384.3M final

For Oppenheimer

1 / 174.2M / - / -

2 / 400.4M / +226.2M / -

3 / 552.9M (est.)/ +152.5M / -32.6%

32.6% drops => $868.2M final

Combined = $2252.5M

Of course this is just assuming they both drop like this week. I don't see a reason why Barbie would deviate much from this trajectory apart from the upcoming Japan release maybe boosting it a bit, but the loss of school weekdays in several territories (and domestically soon too) will hurt it so if anything its average drops from here on out may be bigger. Oppenheimer still has Korea/China/Possibly Japan to come and is more of a weekend movie + R rating so will be less affected by the end of the school holidays. On the other hand it will lose IMAX in a couple weeks, weighing it up I think it can make a push for 900M but I don't think the two together will have enough juice to get to 2.4B, they probably top out at TWOW (2.32B).

Next two weeks drops for barbie will absolutely be lower than the last two weeks as for every movie with a huge first week and then such low drops in the next crucial two weeks.

Edited by vale9001

5 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

The UAE and KSA pushed back the movie's release date from an originally planned 20 July to 31 August, leading fans to question the reasons behind the delay. Although no official statements were made about the reasons for the postponement, parallels had been drawn to past instances where delayed releases were a precursor to bans.

UAE 10.08.2023

https://uae.voxcinemas.com/movies/comingsoon

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So what's opening next?

A whole lot of nothing for the next couple of weeks as far as BO is concerned I think. Should make for good legs on what’s out and still making some money 

3 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

And let someone on the internet think they are right?!  Are you mad?!

duty_calls.png

(me, far too often …)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1