Gavin Feng

Weekdays Thread: Barbie $9.1M MON | $9.6M TUES

Surprising to see Oppy actually going down by nearly 8% on Tuesday. Would have made some sense if it was first Tuesday but not something I'd have expected on 3rd Tuesday. I'd guess maybe it overperformed on Monday in Canada due to some Holiday ?

• Like 3

Off a $51.5M first week, TMNT should easily cross $100M, more like a ~$120M target to me, could go higher ($130M+) if later legs are strong as default animated/family film in the market 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Off a $51.5M first week, TMNT should easily cross $100M, more like a ~$120M target to me, could go higher ($130M+) if later legs are strong as default animated/family film in the market 

Basically matched the number of 100DOM grossers from 2022 and it’s only August. Pretty good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Barbie finally gets a normal Tues jump. Expect the Tues jumps to get bigger from now on as more and more schools start. More and more families are watching the movie.

5% is still on the low side, no? Though it's not just Barbie, tuesdays have been really weak lately, for most movies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Never left.

This 4.4m number is killing me though.

I do lurk in this thread from time to time (without login), but rarely post and might be skipping too fast sometimes. But it's really great seeing so many old faces since Barbie and Oppenheimer opened. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Scubasteve716 said:

It was July 3rd the day before Independence Day. 

It was actually the 2nd.

EDIT: The numbers.com is saying the 2nd while it actually is the 3rd.

Edited by tawasal

I told you guys that Monday was a little bit stronger than normal because of the Canadian holiday. I also mentioned that the Canadian box office is usually good for 5-10% of the overall North American box office. It is reflective in some of the numbers especially Oppenheimer where it was very very highly attended yesterday here especially in imax..... Not that I looked into all of the Canadian box office yesterday but I know in the greater Toronto area there were sellouts yesterday for openheimer even as early as 2:00 p.m.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

oh ok. So a kind of very long fri-wed weekend?. 

The whole 4th of July week is a holiday period, with a lot of people planning time off/vacations, particularly beneficial to family movies. And especially the 3rd, since most people are off the next day, behaves more like a Friday than whatever weekday it falls 

I2’s Tue number was in fact higher than that Friday (vs Ant & Wasp)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Holy crap, he's actually calling 730M a possibility for Barbie!

Is there anyone left still saying 600M isn't locked?

730M is a tall order, but what BARBIE has going for it is an almost barren landscape in the coming weeks. It's like the perfect release date this summer. I'm thinking 650 M is a good target.

14 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Holy crap, he's actually calling 730M a possibility for Barbie!

Is there anyone left still saying 600M isn't locked?

Tbf this is also Luiz Fernando we are talking about, his predictions are about as precise as me throwing a dart blindfolded after being told which direction to aim in

• Haha 1