Eric S'ennui

Weekend Thread (8/11-13) | Demeter 750K Previews

1 minute ago, Eric the Turtle said:

I still get a laugh at how phone surveillance is used to save the day. I know Batman doesn't want to do it and stuff, but it's still kind of creepy and weird in a post-Snowden climate lol

Dark Knight Rises is also a very funky movie with weird politics, especially since it came out during the Occupy Wall Street movement. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it is a weird little bugger.

The Dark Knight Rises is a weird ass, silly movie that barely even exists in the same realm of filmmaking as Dark Knight. It's also fun as hell (intentionally? unclear) and I watch it whenever it happens to be on cable. If it wasn't for Heath himself, Tom Hardy in that is easily the most memorable blockbuster villain of the last 20 years. I still quote that insane ass performance and it always gets a laugh going among people. Thank god he's actually doing a real movie again later this year, what a gift.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Phone off and enjoy the ride.

Okay that was intense. And yeah you're right the last 20 minutes are super intense. It did end too abruptly and there could have been another 10 minutes added to the movie and it would have been perfect. But other than that small gripe it was fantastic. I got to be careful what I say of course because we're in the main forum but doesn't take a genius to figure out there was going to be some kind of twist and that was a good one. So yes I'm glad you recommended it I really enjoyed it, thank you.

Buddy isn't it like 3:00 a.m. where you are? Go to bed dude lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Okay that was intense. And yeah you're right the last 20 minutes are super intense. It did end too abruptly and there could have been another 10 minutes added to the movie and it would have been perfect. But other than that small gripe it was fantastic. I got to be careful what I say of course because we're in the main forum but doesn't take a genius to figure out there was going to be some kind of twist and that was a good one. So yes I'm glad you recommended it I really enjoyed it, thank you.

Buddy isn't it like 3:00 a.m. where you are? Go to bed dude lol

It is the weekend and I am playing videogames.

Thrilled that you enjoyed it. It is a great little horror gem.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Just as I expected, Barbie movie is turning into catnip for females. Now all of them will have to see the movie so they can part of the conversation.

Many guys I imagine like it too because of Margot hotness and Ken's well done story.

Just now, CJohn said:

It is the weekend and I am playing videogames.

Thrilled that you enjoyed it. It is a great little horror gem.

I remember a few years ago a member on this site who's no longer here and I can't remember their name, but they were from Ireland or England and they started recommending some European horror films to me. I remember watching some Irish horror film that literally scared the shit out of me. I had to turn the lights on I was so unnerved.

That's what I love about horror films. There's so many of them that don't get a mainstream release and a lot of the European horror films I've never even heard of. And then you get a film like the one he recommended to me and then this one that you recommended to me and they both turn out to be these gems of a film.

So yes thank you once again for mentioning it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I remember a few years ago a member on this site who's no longer here and I can't remember their name, but they were from Ireland or England and they started recommending some European horror films to me. I remember watching some Irish horror film that literally scared the shit out of me. I had to turn the lights on I was so unnerved.

That's what I love about horror films. There's so many of them that don't get a mainstream release and a lot of the European horror films I've never even heard of. And then you get a film like the one he recommended to me and then this one that you recommended to me and they both turn out to be these gems of a film.

So yes thank you once again for mentioning it.

If it's available to stream in the U.S., I think y'all just made me realize what I'm watching tonight 👀 I unfortunately caught the new strain of COVID on Wednesday, so I have a looooooong weekend ahead of me that needs as many distractions as possible lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

If it's available to stream in the U.S., I think y'all just made me realize what I'm watching tonight 👀 I unfortunately caught the new strain of COVID on Wednesday, so I have a looooooong weekend ahead of me that needs as many distractions as possible lol

Cobweb is now available to rent digitally in America and Canada. Lionsgate made a post about it. I highly recommend it.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Hope you get better soon and it should be on Amazon Prime

• Thanks 1

How is Deadline getting a 30M weekend for Barbie from a 10M Friday?

Here’s the chart:

1 Barbie (WB) 4,178 theaters – Fri $10M (-38%), 3-day $30M (-43%), Total $522.6M/Wk

2) Oppenheimer (Uni) 3,761 theaters, Fri $5M (-40%), 3-day $16.8M (-42%), Total $262.2M/Wk 4

3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (Par) 3,950 theaters, Fri $3.9M (-57%), 3-day $14.1M (-50%), Total $71.1M/Wk 2

4) The Meg 2 (WB) 3,604 theaters, Fri $3.5M (-71%), 3-day $12M (-60%), Total $53.5M/Wk 2

5) Last Voyage of the Demeter (Amb/Uni) 2,715 theaters, Fri $2.65M 3-day $6.5M/Wk 1

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

How is Deadline getting a 30M weekend for Barbie from a 10M Friday?

They forgot to do math.

We all know there will be a Sat jump. If Fri is 10...

33 weekend at least

2 hours ago, Eric the Turtle said:

Don't really get why people dunked on that line tbh. Like Star Wars has always been cheesy and full of corny dialogue? That's the whole point of this silly kids series?

1 hour ago, Eric the Turtle said:

I still get a laugh at how phone surveillance is used to save the day. I know Batman doesn't want to do it and stuff, but it's still kind of creepy and weird in a post-Snowden climate lol

Dark Knight Rises is also a very funky movie with weird politics, especially since it came out during the Occupy Wall Street movement. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it is a weird little bugger.

And the movie clearly addresses him using phone survelliance as unethical and wrong. So really don't have an issue with it. Batman has to do unethical act to save the city but the movie doesn't pat his back for it. So many movies fail in this regard today.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

At least The Creator will look and sound nice with Fraser and Zimmer involved. 

Fwiw, it did tested very well 

I’m not expecting anything exceptional but i don’t see why it can’t be a decent well made movie

Godzilla ‘14 is the nearly the best you can get from a movie like this, it’s no Shin Godzilla but yeah, very decent 

Sure you can have way more fun with it, GxK have a good 40 minutes of fun parts, but demanding empty spectacle from Godzilla seems so weird to me. 

Anyway, we all know the best kaiju movie Hollywood ever produced is still Pacific Rim by our beloved papi del toro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1