Issac Newton

Weekday #s | Aug 14-17 | Barbie #1 WB Domestic Film of ALL TIME, because it’s what she DESERVES.

5 minutes ago, harry713 said:

(some) schools are definitely back in session this week. I was hoping for over 5m for Babs. 

Yup. 
It’s all downhill from here for summer weekdays. On the plus side, Friday and Saturday jumps will start to get stronger. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

$1M CLUB: MONDAY

1. BARBIE ($4.8M)

2. OPPENHEIMER ($2.5M)

3. TMNT ($1.8M)

4. MEG 2 ($1.4M)

That Oppy number is $20 higher thanks to me :P 

With only one IMAX in Australia - and 850km+ away - I figured I’d catch it in IMAX while I’m in Montreal. 

You’re welcome for the bump ;) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Big drop from the last monday for all the movies, OPP and Barbie should be at around 47-48%.

As you said cause the Summer effect is ending.

What Is good they are doing so good a fourth 4.8M and 2.5 fourth are still  looking as very big summer weekdays 😃

Edited by vale9001

27 minutes ago, 1Robert1 said:

If Barbie would follow last week drops/gains it would have 17.6 weekdays in comparison to 16m by jurassic world, JW made another 80m, so if Barbie would earn 10 percent more she would finish with 632m.

Jurassic world was on full summer at this point so if Barbie fourth weekend was already bigger than Jurassic world fourth (33.8 vs 29.2M) the next weekend again should be bigger than  only 10% more than JW fifth, now weekends could get a bigger increase.

Edited by vale9001

Summer weekdays are finally ending.

Would have been interesting to see how Barbenheimer would have done if released in mid June with more summer weekdays.

Good news is that Barbie should have a strong gain on Mario this upcoming 5th weekend. Mario fell a hard 55% against GOTG3, while Barbie is facing a much weaker Blue Beetle.

Edited by Mojoguy

Oppenheimer showings around here are still almost selling out for weekday shows around here. It has really turned into appointment viewing. I don't remember the last time I saw such consistent sell-outs. Even Barbie by comparison gets much fewer presales, but presumably more walkups.  Seems like many people got burned on not getting Oppenheimer tickets early on, so they're buying ahead of time to make sure they can get in.

• Like 1