Issac Newton

Weekday #s | Aug 14-17 | Barbie #1 WB Domestic Film of ALL TIME, because it’s what she DESERVES.

Good news, everybody! AMC, Regal, Cinemark (and likely others) are offering 7pm Early Access screenings of Strays tonight and there are plenty of good seats everywhere. No need to stress about the shows being sold out and not being able to attend.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Didn't Warner denied the 45 days window?

The 45 days window for streaming. That is what studios are avoiding, but there are a few signs that VOD doesn't hurt legs that much.

• Like 2

From deadline 

Barbie grossed $6.1M yesterday, +28% versus Monday. Warner Bros. has an embarrassment of richest at the weekend box office with their DC movie, Blue Beetle, set to unseat Barbie in her fourth weekend with a $28M-$32M take. Barbie is expected to come in with $22M-$24M.

• Like 2

Wow that's a big bump for Barbie. I guess after the harsher Monday drop that makes sense. 

Using Lion King as an example since it's late July it made 64m from it's 4th Tuesday. Even at minimum Barbie makes 601m if you add 64m. And Barbie has been holding way better so looking at other examples....

Jurassic World made 87m after it's 4th Tuesday which would put Barbie at 624m. 

Using Incredibles 2 as an example, it made 96m after it's 4th Tuesday. That puts Barbie at around 633m.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Wow that's a big bump for Barbie. I guess after the harsher Monday drop that makes sense. 

Using Lion King as an example since it's late July it made 64m from it's 4th Tuesday. Even at minimum Barbie makes 601m if you add 64m. And Barbie has been holding way better so looking at other examples....

Using Incredibles 2 as an example, it made 96m after it's 4th Tuesday. That puts Barbie at around 633m.

in the same week (days 25-31) jurassic world made 34.1M. Barbie should make 41-43M. 

18 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There seem to be more people online saying people will be upset at Barbie overtaking TDK than there are actual people upset at that. Seen almost no one genuinely angry at this feat.

the dark knight really took the record for a lot of time you can't be upset, i mean everyone knows every record with inflation can't last forever and 15 years is really a lot of time. Also the movie is really different, probably people would be more upset if another super hero movie would have made it 😆

Edited by vale9001

27 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I like all of those examples.

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There seem to be more people online saying people will be upset at Barbie overtaking TDK than there are actual people upset at that. Seen almost no one genuinely angry at this feat.

TDK is among my all time favs and I am happy Barbie has the record. Records are meant to be broken and its great to see a well reviewed/received from from Greta is taking this record and hopefully many more before the end of its run. 

• Like 1