Issac Newton

Weekday #s | Aug 14-17 | Barbie #1 WB Domestic Film of ALL TIME, because it’s what she DESERVES.

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Jurassic world was on full summer at this point so if Barbie fourth weekend was already bigger than Jurassic world fourth (33.8 vs 29.2M) the next weekend again should be bigger than  only 10% more than JW fifth, now weekends could get a bigger increase.

yes barbie will have weekends better than 1.1 of JW  but weekdays will be more challenging if next monday barbie will also drop 47 percent and then gain 10 percent next day it will be ahead less than one percent. And we are talking about july weekdays vs august weekdays, soon it will be july weekdays vs september weekdays, and dont forget that JW had expansion which added around 10 m. So Barbie will have to gain in upcoming weeks more than 10percent. imo 630 is still optimistic scenario for Barbie. Of course Barbie also can have expansion, oscar re-release etc

3 hours ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Let's just get one thing straight. When Oppy drops higher than its previous drops this coming weekend, and it will with its loss of IMAX, pleaaaaaaase no one freak out too much.

Blue Beetle won’t be staying in IMAX theaters for very long and could lose showings before the weekend is over. The Regal IMAX near me has sold a total of 19 tickets for the 7pm IMAX showings on Friday (12 tickets) and Saturday (7 tickets). I attended a 4:30 pm showing of Oppenheimer in there this past Sunday and there were maybe 200 people present. 

Oppy will probably be hanging on to all of its 70mm IMAX showings for the foreseeable future. Good seats for the prime time showings in those theaters are still almost impossible to find. For instance, Wednesday’s 8:20pm show at the AMC Rivercenter in San Antonio has already sold around 200 tickets.

• Like 2

Yah Metreon here sold out all good seats very soon after they extended its run. I wonder how long the demand will be there at 70mm Imax screens. For now it makes perfect sense to extend it as long as demand is there. Considering how big those screens are theaters make a killing selling food. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Yah Metreon here sold out all good seats very soon after they extended its run. I wonder how long the demand will be there at 70mm Imax screens. For now it makes perfect sense to extend it as long as demand is there. Considering how big those screens are theaters make a killing selling food. 

YSjOeIm.jpg

Yeah, this is the 10:30pm showing for Oppy this coming Sunday at the Metreon IMAX. This would be a solid advance sales number five days out for a 7pm Friday showing on opening weekend for most films, let alone a late night Sunday showing for a film in its fifth weekend.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Let's just get one thing straight. When Oppy drops higher than its previous drops this coming weekend, and it will with its loss of IMAX, pleaaaaaaase no one freak out too much.

With that said, what are folks expecting for this weekend drop? High 40s?

One of the largest Cineplex theatres in Toronto decided to keep Oppy on IMAX this weekend. And it’s not one of the 70mm. I’m sure Blue Beetle’s stay in IMAX will be very short lived.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

One of the largest Cineplex theatres in Toronto decided to keep Oppy on IMAX this weekend. And it’s not one of the 70mm. I’m sure Blue Beetle’s stay in IMAX will be very short lived.  

Really hoping it would stay longer, I am in Vancouver and haven't seen the movie yet because of some health issues.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Oppy has been tracking extremely close to TDKR daily number since last Monday. If that continues, it will finish above $320M. Every day that it continues to perform similar to TDKR is one step closer to a 100% chance of reaching $300M. 

going to demolish Sing's record

What's going on with Talk to Me's reporting? The international numbers do not seem right and A24 didnt even bother to report Monday's gross.

I just saw it today and didnt think i was going to enjoy it more than the majority of films released this year but I was surprised that I did! It was really fantastic. Especially for a directoral debut.

Edited by Austin
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Austin said:

What's going on with Talk to Me's reporting? The international numbers do not seem right and A24 didnt even bother to report Monday's gross.

I just saw it today and didnt think i was going to enjoy it more than the majority of films released this year but I was surprised that I did! It was really fantastic. Especially for a directoral debut.

Talk To Me>Oppenheimer>>>>>>>Barbie

• Astonished 1

https://deadline.com/2023/08/blue-beetle-barbie-strays-box-office-1235520300/

Blue Beetle, is poised to halt Barbie‘s three-weekend streak with a $28M-$32M opening. Barbie, meanwhile per industry sources, is looking at a $22M-$24M fourth weekend, -30%.

Strays, from director Josh Greenbaum and produced by Lord Miller partners Phil Lord and Christopher Miller and Picturestart founder and CEO Erik Feig. The Will Ferrell, Jamie Foxx, Isla Fisher, Will Forte and Randall Park voiced comedy looks to do in the teens. 

Universal’s fourth weekend of Oppenheimer looks to do $12M-$13M per industry sources. Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem in weekend three is eyeing $10M-$12M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

https://deadline.com/2023/08/blue-beetle-barbie-strays-box-office-1235520300/

Blue Beetle, is poised to halt Barbie‘s three-weekend streak with a $28M-$32M opening. Barbie, meanwhile per industry sources, is looking at a $22M-$24M fourth weekend, -30%.

Did Deadline forget how to count? Barbie was 1st for 4 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Did Deadline forget how to count? Barbie was 1st for 4 weeks.

They can't forget something they never knew how to do in the first place.

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

So Blue beetle couldn't be the total disaster It seems some weeks ago. If in the highs of the prediction could reach 90-100M domestic. 

If it weren’t for BOT, I wouldn’t even know it was coming out.