Issac Newton

Weekday #s | Aug 14-17 | Barbie #1 WB Domestic Film of ALL TIME, because it’s what she DESERVES.

35 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

$1M CLUB: WEDNESDAY

1. BARBIE ($4.5M)
2. OPPENHEIMER ($2.5M)
3. TMNT ($1.5M)
4. MEG 2 ($1.2M)

That's pretty damn good for the top 2. Great drops from last week. Oppie with the softer Tue increase, but slightly better hold on Wed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

That's pretty damn good for the top 2. Great drops from last week. Oppie with the softer Tue increase, but slightly better hold on Wed. 

Oppy is losing more IMAX screens after the 17th right? Hopefully there won't be that big of a drop.

13 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

Oppy is losing more IMAX screens after the 17th right? Hopefully there won't be that big of a drop.

Maybe Blue Beetle will be embraced by audiences and have a 10x multiplier...but I find it more likely it fizzles out and cinemas at least end up sharing IMAX screens with Oppie come next weekend. But for now, ya, it could be in for a bigger drop than usual.

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

With yesterday’s $2.5M, Oppenheimer now stands atop the all-time never #1 list with $272.5M, passing Sing and its $270.4M.

Ah the “always the bridesmaid, never the bride” list. Some huge films on there. 

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Inflation & IMAX are powerful tools. Ticket sales…

Sing = 31 million tickets 

Oppy = 20 million tickets 

I know this is just an illustration but I don't like the idea of people belittle a BO achievement when a movie heavily rely on certain premium advantage, like how IMAX did to Oppenheimer or 3D to Avatar.

The drawing power from those movie to get people to pay more  for IMAX or 3D itself is a standout achievement that can't be measured in a mere admission number. I mean, we no longer live in the era when every movie is only playing on one format and therefore admission number is more comparable between movies. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Inflation & IMAX are powerful tools. Ticket sales…

Sing = 31 million tickets 

Oppy = 20 million tickets 

I think Opp will get pretty close to Sing admissions when it concludes its BO run. I have Barbie about 60m, Opp 28m.