RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Considering this movie wont have showtimes on weekdays for now and 2nd weekend sales are spectacular this far out, why on earth are we thinking record breaking drop for this movie !!!

Do we have any 2nd weekend comps yet? 

1 minute ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

Do we have any 2nd weekend comps yet? 

Nothing this far out. But just looking at absolute data, its looking like huge number just at MTC1. My math is coming up with something crazy like 30m !!! But let me see how its trending in a week as huge amount of shows are getting added for OW. Sat/Sun are at 8K now. OW potential will keep rising if capacity increases dramatically. We almost have 1.5m seats at MTC1 for sat/sun. I think. 1m sales per day at $20 a pop leads to 20m each and you are looking 70m+ days now.

• Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nothing this far out. But just looking at absolute data, its looking like huge number just at MTC1. My math is coming up with something crazy like 30m !!! But let me see how its trending in a week as huge amount of shows are getting added for OW. Sat/Sun are at 8K now. OW potential will keep rising if capacity increases dramatically. We almost have 1.5m seats at MTC1 for sat/sun. I think. 1m sales per day at $20 a pop leads to 20m each and you are looking 70m+ days now.

It would be hilarious if this ended up doing like $400M DOM or something. I don't want to get ahead of myself but the numbers we're seeing are ridiculous and still somehow par for the course for her.

• Like 2

There are things that Taylor has accomplished that nobody else ever has. Such as turning rerecordings of 10 year old albums into top-tier events. This seems to be another genuinely one-of-a-kind historical achievement for Taylor. 

But there are also things other artists have accomplished that Taylor has yet to match. Such as Drake being the most streamed artist of all time, breaking the streaming debut record on 5 different occasions, breaking pretty much every record The Beatles had, maintaining multiple streaming debuts that Taylor has yet to match, and charting 300+ songs (so far)  

I've always compared Drake more to Elvis than The Beatles. Because while Elvis was there to dominate when the charts first came into existence, Drake was there to dominate when the charts went through their most fundamental change: the introduction of streaming. 

I really feel like the mid 2010s introduction of streaming will be looked back at as a fundamental long-term reset for the music industry in the same way that the 1950s is seen now. 

Only question is how long will Drake maintain his spot as the biggest artist of the streaming era. Taylor has been bridging the gap a bit since Midnights released. Meanwhile 2023 has seen Morgan Wallen take multiple of Drake's most important chart records (despite Wallen being notably US heavy). 

Plus keep in mind that with concert feats, it has a lot to do with her fanbase demographic being older, whiter, and having more disposable income than most of her contemporaries, such as Drake or Bad Bunny, who have a younger and less white listening demo. Plus, the music being made for older, wealthier, whiter audiences encourages mainstream media to shine more of a light on her accomplishments. 

But I think comparing people like Elvis, Beatles, MJ, Drake and Taylor, who are all ultimately unrivaled within their own particular accomplishments does them all a bit of an injustice. 

And just like with Avatar vs Gone With The Wind, you can't really expect people to rationally compare historical vs modern accomplishments. Optics will cloud people's judgements and they will get heated fast. 

50 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

It would be hilarious if this ended up doing like $400M DOM or something. I don't want to get ahead of myself but the numbers we're seeing are ridiculous and still somehow par for the course for her.

$400M DOM would mean a shade over 20.1 million admissions using an ATP of $19.89. Of course there will be PLF boosts but also children's tickets, the actual average will be different. But if you do the math on how many people tried to get tickets to the North American dates multiplied by what will be an incredibly high ATP... And that's before factoring in repeat viewers, fans who never even attempted to buy concert tickets but could get to a movie theater, casuals dragged along...

Eras is playing Thursday-Sunday generally but there are showtimes on Halloween, a Tuesday this year.

2 hours ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

I may end up being wrong about this but I feel like she’s only releasing the film in places the tour has already happened. She won’t hit Australia and Europe until Feb/May 2024.

TBH A lot of the tour dates are going to be sold out. The UK and Ireland leg is a hot ticket and that's with Taylor doing six nights at Wembley Stadium as well as multiple dates elsewhere but I agree that it's likely it won't be shown in certain markets until much later.

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

indiewire wrote they are negotations with international studios. I think in most countries anyway should be only a like 3-4 days event. In my country for example there is a very specific distributor called Nexo and they basically buy all the concerts (last one was the coldplay one with "only 3 days on theates")

If it's released in the UK, it'll probably be done by Trafalgar Releasing who do the BTS cinema events. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a clause that it can't be shown until Taylor Swift has done those legs of the tour which given she is performing at Wembley next August means a lengthy wait. 

12 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Biggest star in America right now.

Is Wallen, whether we like it or not. 

In terms of overall streams, sales, and radio play, about twice as big as Taylor this year. 

He also broke Drake's 2016 record for most chart presence in a single calender year. Which was in turn was a record held by the Beatles for 52 years. 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Taylor has some crazy momentum right now though. Old Taylor songs like Blank Space and Cruel Summer coming back from the dead left and right. 

Wouldn't be surprised if 1989 TV had the biggest pop debut of all time on streaming (currently held by Midnights). Could even challenge Scorpion or CLB. 

And in terms of concerts, obviously she's unmatched. 

30 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Is Wallen, whether we like it or not. 

In terms of overall streams, sales, and radio play, about twice as big as Taylor this year. 

This is incorrect. Taylor's sales this year are nearly twice as much as his and this is before 1989 TV comes out. On top of that, she by far the most streamed and has set the most chart records. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There’s no bigger artist in the world or the USA right now than Taylor Swift. You might not like her but the data speaks for itself. 

I also find it interesting how when a female or even female franchise is successful there’s always people who try to downplay her success or claim they can’t seem to understand why she’s successful. 

If a male artist was doing what Taylor is currently doing there would be ZERO argument about their place amongst the greatest artists of all time. If this was Drake people would be calling him the GOAT. I just don’t know what more a female artist has to do to prove her place amongst the beatles, MJ etc She sells out stadiums as if she’s selling girl scout cookies and has thousands more outside of her stadiums, is consistently amongst the best selling artists year after year, is literally the biggest streaming artist right now in the world, just dropped a concert film that’s projected to gross hundreds of millions of dollars, she is very well respected amongst her peers and has had a lot of influence on up and coming artists but most of all so many females regardless of their age look up to her and yet despite all of that there’s still question as to her place in music history. 

You don’t have to like her or her music but to disregard or question her achievements and talent is all bull shit. 

And this isn’t just exclusive to Taylor. I see it time and time again where people downplay female anything and it just needs to stop. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 8
  • Heart 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

If this was Drake people would be calling him the GOAT.

This is remotely not true lol

And I'd say any modern-day artist regardless of gender who reaches the kind of popularity Taylor Swift will have a large share of people scrutinizing them, with social media making them much louder. It's just what comes with reaching that kind of popularity. The Beatles and MJ didn't have to face that because they didn't live in a time of social media. Turning this into a misogyny thing feels disingenuous lol

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Litio said:

That percentage is too low for her and she's still going to split it with AMC?! WTF? I can see why this woman has so many fans

One thing about Taylor 

She loves to pay everyone she works with a lot. I think that definitely helps in the end 

• Heart 1