RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

30 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Yup, insane prices, she really knows how rabid her fans are, they will literally consume anything with her name on it.

That is 3-5x the usual prices I pay, bonkers

I hope fans enjoy it, but me personally that killed my chances to go see it. With my regular discount (that is not valid for Eras Tour) I could go see 6 movies at that price. Fans will absolutely fill the screens but for regular audiences that is an insane price to ask. But they know their target audience.

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

It's actually not crazy price if you compare it with other concert movies btw

It just looks insane cause we are comparing with normal theatrical releases 

The most expensive I've seen them charging for concert movies here like the BTS and Coldplay events ranged from R$30-60

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

I hope fans enjoy it, but me personally that killed my chances to go see it. With my regular discount (that is not valid for Eras Tour) I could go see 6 movies at that price. Fans will absolutely fill the screens but for regular audiences that is an insane price to ask. But they know their target audience.

i paid 15 euros for the Coldplay movie concert. This is 20 here. 

i can understand your point but it's a different kind of event than a movie. It's a way to live or re live an experience with a specific group of people (other fans), something you will get on a big screen or you won't get anymore. 

2 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

November 3rd release on Brazil. Tickets will cost R$90 regular and can go up to R$150 on premium. That is some MASSIVE cost if you want to check Taylor lol.

Here in Argentina the "movie" is releasing on October 13 even when she has 3 live concerts on November 9, 10 and 11. Don't know why they didn't hold the "movie" a few more weeks like they did in Brazil.

2 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Here in Argentina the "movie" is releasing on October 13 even when she has 3 live concerts on November 9, 10 and 11. Don't know why they didn't hold the "movie" a few more weeks like they did in Brazil.

Even holding it for Brazil still has the film coming out before the concerts there. Same for all of Europe and Asia/Oceania.

the coldplay movie was released in a lot of countries, including mine also months before the real live concerts.

I think the tour is long and a release spread in 2 years just doesn't work. Every future date is already sold out so a global launch is the best move to push the movie everywhere.

The only "problem" in some cases could be all the fans already bought a ticket could not see the movie cause they want the live show to be new...a thing is seeing some clips now and there, a thing is you already saw the integral version of the show. Of course the live experience is a different thhing but still it's like watching it a second time. This factor doesn't exist in the Us or in the countries she will not tour.  

Edited by vale9001

Wow this global release is awesome. Really didn't expect it to be released before the tour. Makes sense though, if it had a staggered release there would be much less hype internationally on those countries' own release dates. Better to release it now when the US hype is driving the internet.

Does anyone in the UK know if it's Odeon exclusive? Odeon is the only place I can see taking bookings, but I can't find any mention of exclusivity. Nearest Odeon to me is over an hour away and I only have a Cineworld card, but if its exclusive then guess I'll be going to an odeon.

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Wow this global release is awesome. Really didn't expect it to be released before the tour. Makes sense though, if it had a staggered release there would be much less hype internationally on those countries' own release dates. Better to release it now when the US hype is driving the internet.

Does anyone in the UK know if it's Odeon exclusive? Odeon is the only place I can see taking bookings, but I can't find any mention of exclusivity. Nearest Odeon to me is over an hour away and I only have a Cineworld card, but if its exclusive then guess I'll be going to an odeon.

Definitely will have every chain like in every other country. I heard odeon is the distributor in the UK, like amc in the US, so like in the US probably in the first day- hours sales are an exclusive for odeon like It was in the US with AMC, but the others chains will come. 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Vue and many indies booking it, Cineworld just seem slow

I thought Avatar: TWoW's China and India ATP was surprisingly high but TS:TET's pricing is on another level.  

Argentina's tickets cost 5,800 Pesos which officially converts to $16.57 USD.  

https://m.cinesargentinos.com.ar/noticia/6894-confirmada-la-proyeccion-de-taylor-swift-en-los-cines-de-la-argentina/

Edited by BOfficeStats

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Vue and many indies booking it, Cineworld just seem slow

Cineworld likely will given Regal which is part of the same group has booked it in the US.

I think given how hard it was to get tickets to the actual concert that this will do very well especially since it's limited to Friday-Sunday.

10 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Cineworld likely will given Regal which is part of the same group has booked it in the US.

I think given how hard it was to get tickets to the actual concert that this will do very well especially since it's limited to Friday-Sunday.

but she will make 13 shows in the uk. That should mean like a 600-700K audience.

I don't know what these people will make, honestly i wouldn't watch this if I had a ticket for the live show 😅