CJohn

FLOP WEEKEND THRE4D | EXPEND4BLES GIG4BOMBS WITH 8.0M OW | HORROR WINS, THE REST LOSES | The Post-Bomb Venice Thread and Pre-Bomb Creator Thread | WE BOMBING, BOYS!

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

9 Predictions For September 2023's Box Office (screenrant.com)

Expendables 4 Will Be September 2023's Biggest New Movie At The Box Office

September is a surprisingly busy month for movie releases, and there's something being released that caters to every taste. While they all have a chance to become successful, Expendables 4 is at the top of the September 2023 box office predictions. Its potential box office total of $250 million is higher than any other competitor. Jason Statham is also in a more prominent role in Expend4bles, which is great news for the movie's box office. The British actor has had one success after another in multiplexes. Despite The Meg 2's critical scathing, the movie still made $354 million worldwide. That could be the same story for Expendables 4.

4 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Wow what a shock, you make an Expendables film in name only and wonder why no one showed up! 

This franchise is the biggest missed opportunity of all time.

oh come on... biggest missed opportunity of all time? Gimme a break.

• Like 1

The gimmick/appeal/whatever you wanna call it about these Expendables movies has always been seeing all these big action stars together, and even that failed in the third one (and they somehow got Harrison Ford for that one!).

This one's biggest new addition was... Megan Fox? Fitting for a franchise that's always felt perpetually late for 15 years.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

The gimmick/appeal/whatever you wanna call it about these Expendables movies has always been seeing all these big action stars together, and even that failed in the third one (and they somehow got Harrison Ford for that one!).

This one's biggest new addition was... Megan Fox? Fitting for a franchise that's always felt perpetually late for 15 years.

I'd argue 50 Cent counts on both counts. 

Expend4bles doing badly in the US is pretty much expected given how little this country cares but the early overseas numbers look pathetic too. I mean insidekino is predicting 65k admits in germany barely edging out Equalizer 3's fourth weekend and the third film didn't do much worse than equalizer2.

not that I can say I'll mourn this franchise as I don't like or care for it whatsoever, but jesus christ lol.

32 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

oh come on... biggest missed opportunity of all time? Gimme a break.

Look at the cast of the three films, these should've been some of the most awesome and legendary action films of all time. Stallone even directed and wrote the first...and they're all pretty awful and dull except 2 which is decent at best.

5 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Look at the cast of the three films, these should've been some of the most awesome and legendary action films of all time. Stallone even directed and wrote the first...and they're all pretty awful and dull except 2 which is decent at best.

Expendables 2 should have been the first movie. Expendables is a bore for like 90% of the running time and the ending fight is full of bad choreography and in the dark. The second movie was actually way more like the 80s action movies that people wanted the first movie to be like but that didn't have the novelty factor anymore.

The third one has a genuinely great opening with the Wesley Snipes scene but the rest of it is bad except for Mel Gibson having a lot of fun as the villain.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Stop drinking. Or drink more...whichever makes you stop saying stupid shit.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Well, the producers don't get the point of a movie called Expendables.

Spoiler

It starts as Expendables, then Stallone gets written out ( or fridged ), then Megan Fox's character actually becomes the leader of the group ( not kidding ) and Jason Stathan's character gets dismissed by Andy Garcia's character, working alone, turning the movie into a Jason Statham actioner.

I enjoyed the movie for being so dumb it's good, BUT Statham saved it from being boring. CinemaScore won't be pretty. 

2 hours ago, Truckasaurus said:

Really trying to understand what math Deadline is using to predict a $15-$17M OW range after these preview numbers.

The bored subscriber range for unlimited movie subscribers at AMC and Regal - they'll want to get their money's worth at something.

I don't like that the Expendables wear those hats. Yes I fully get that some Green Berets and SAS soldiers wear them. But these are supposed to be super manly agro-bros that wear Affliction shirts and think breathing is gay. I just don't buy them taking a break from their hypermasculine day of extradjudicial murder to gently position their little berets on their head just so. These guys are all such weird fucking dorks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Giorno said:

Someone should make a buddy cop action movie with Arny and Sly

They've buried the hatchet but the Schwarzenegger-Stallone rivalry even has its own Wikipedia page. I'd heard about Arnold tricking Sly into doing Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot but holy shiiiit at Sly going to the British tabloids as a source for linking Arnold's father to war crimes (Schwarzenegger sued for libel and the News of the World paid damages). The Rock vs Vin Diesel looks like child's play in comparison.

2 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I'd argue 50 Cent counts on both counts. 

The fourth Expendables is just too tired to bring in that many new fans (or even keep the old ones).

Speaking of 50 it's surprising he has time to act with managing the 50,000 Power spinoffs on the air. No seriously, there are three, and the pop culture conversation never talked about it because it's an "urban" franchise on Starz.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1