grim22

It’s Me. Hi. I’m The Eras Tour Weekend Thread | 39M Friday

3 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Is the Boney M part sarcasm? Only thing of theirs that seemed to survive is Rasputin. And that was done better by Turisas 👀

Boney M were huge in India. I have zero idea why but in the 80s and 90s, every family seemed to have a Boney M hits cassette. No one knows who bought it or why but it was in every house without fail. Now of course no one cares.

14 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Good weekend for Saw X. Can it hit $50M?

I think it'll all depend on how many theaters Saw X can hold onto going into Halloween weekend. That's basically its last chance to make any sort of money. But the competition with FNAF will make it hard to hold onto any screens basically, unless theaters see an opportunity for it to do well that weekend. I think realistically it'll probably end around 48M dom unless it continues to have great legs

1 minute ago, Taylor89 said:

She's never been a touring force. 

Touring is important, Rolling Stones make a fortune because of touring, but are they relevant to pop culture these days? Where are their hits? They have their fanbase, but no more than that.

So, yes, Rihanna would totally be big if she put out an album these days

29 minutes ago, Derpity said:

"Friday now looks to be settling at an estimated $37.8M –that’s according to industry estimates this morning. AMC is calling Friday for Eras Tour at $39M."

Am I reading this right that AMC is fudging the numbers a little bit? If so we might get whatever Saturday/Sunday numbers are needed to beat Joker haha for the headlines.

Maybe they think it will beat it.

On a F13 weekend with nothing to do and to not be a Swifti(or whatever) i decided to all Jason and see all movies from the start. Just finished VIII in Manhatten.

They are not as good as i remember as a child 😅  but i still enjoy all the TAK

Cheers @baumer

• Heart 1

Just now, Maggie said:

Touring is important, Rolling Stones make a fortune because of touring, but are they relevant to pop culture these days? Where are their hits? They have their fanbase, but no more than that.

We are talking about their tours tho and she's never been a touring force even when she was making music. Her next album will be big but she still can't have Taylor's numbers. 

35 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I am not gonna argue here really, because I don't really know much about American music industry. Just Beiber is among the few names I knew, Swift I only got to know may be 2 years ago.

I am Indian too and I have been her fan since 2015 and YBWM and LS were big with western music lovers

On Spotify charts, Taylor is the biggest Western artist ever in India. She is has been charting here since the beginning.  Yes Beiber has some bigger hits but overall Taylor is bigger. Bieber is not consistent and his recent releases don't make much noise in India. Whereas Taylor has a massive fanbase. 

9 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Rihanna never had bigger albums than Taylor even in her prime and when Taylor was country. 

Rihanna was one of the biggest hitmakers but her albums don't sell like Taylor, never did. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, with so many things canceled yesterday due to governmental warnings (like the Hollywood picketing activities), I'm not yet gonna toss walk ups completely out the window til we see how a rainy Saturday without those warnings does...

What governmental warnings? Im not sure walkups are coming for a Swift concert movie, they dont even walkup for normal movies she's in.

24 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I think the most popular foreign singer(s) in India must be BTS band. I don't really follow foreign music much though. Their concert movie did well IIRC.

How much did BTS concert movie do overall in India?? 

Taylor is higher than them on streaming charts in India. That's a good target for Taylor to come close to. 

Edited by Madhuvan

33 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Pop girls don't have a big shelf life. Even Madonna struggles. She's not what she once were.

Taylor fans better enjoy it. She has reached her peak

Admittedly I'm not really a music person. But I feel like Taylor has already been popular longer then most pop singers are. I can't think of any that have managed to put out like 10 albums or something and each one has had at least one or two songs that play everywhere on the radio and everyone knows.

Most singers get like 1-3 big albums max and then exist off their existing fans for the rest of their career.

19 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

What governmental warnings? Im not sure walkups are coming for a Swift concert movie, they dont even walkup for normal movies she's in.

In certain areas yesterday, folks were encouraged to stay home if possible.

As an example, DC puts up gates and barricades around all their federal buildings...