XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm happy for anyone who is excited but after Secret Invasion I don't know if I'll ever watch another MCU show again. 

Loki S2 has been really great for what it's worth. If you didn't like S1 though it still won't be for you. Hopefully, the MCU never again hits the low of Secret Invasion. Truly the worst thing they've ever done.

Edited by ZeroHour
  • Like 5
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Wouldn't it be quite the story if echo ends up being MCU's andor. 

That trailer got from a state of  apathy  to like cautiously optimistic.

It looks like what the Daredevil show needs to be. Dunno how they didn’t realize that before retooling it.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be mean but I've never been a huge fan of shows with a premise like Loki. I'm not saying that they can't be good but it is my least favorite premise. So yes, it should be obvious to everyone by my comment that I don't watch Doctor Who or Legends of Tomorrow. 

In light of that current Variety piece, I think it makes sense to pull back to another big Variety piece - interview with She Hulk creator

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/she-hulk-steve-rogers-virginity-cut-scenes-1235342096/

[cost question] A: I had produced television before, so there is always a part of my brain that’s wearing the television producer’s hat of costs, and imagining a line producer screaming at me and blaming me for their ulcer. So, going into writing this, I was very aware of that, but I also had no clue how much the CG cost. I just knew CG was expensive. From the beginning, I asked Kevin [Feige], “How much can we do? How cost-conscious should I be? Give me some guidelines.” And he said, “If I’m gonna watch a show called ‘She-Hulk,’ I want to see She-Hulk.” That kind of was the carte blanche to just write it however I wanted. And I remember distinctly thinking, “I hope we remember this conversation and the budgets come back and somebody gets mad at me for it.”

2023 VARIETY - a single episode of “She-Hulk” costing some $25 million, dwarfing the budget of a final-season episode of HBO’s “Game of Thrones, ” but without a similar Zeitgeist bang. The August 2022 series premiere at the El Capitan Theatre foreshadowed what was to come six months later at the “Quantumania” bow: the “She-Hulk” special effects were out of focus in multiple scenes.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm not trying to be mean but I've never been a huge fan of shows with a premise like Loki. I'm not saying that they can't be good but it is my least favorite premise. So yes, it should be obvious to everyone by my comment that I don't watch Doctor Who or Legends of Tomorrow. 

These are all shows with very different premises.

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

It looks like what the Daredevil show needs to be. Dunno how they didn’t realize that before retooling it.

i.e. Why did Marvel rewrite the concept of their TV shows when they very good shows to base it on already.

• Like 2

Marvel should’ve tried getting Fantastic Four off the ground sooner. They could’ve been positioned as the face of the next MCU saga, but they’re being introduced too late into the game at this point. 

Also, they shouldn’t have haphazardly green-lit a bunch of subpar TV shows that basically existed to keep people subscribed to Disney+. 

Edited by WittyUsername

29 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It's not mean. There's nothing wrong with being uninterested in the premise for something!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Marvel should’ve tried getting Fantastic Four off the ground sooner. They could’ve been positioned as the face of the next MCU saga, but they’re being introduced too late into the game at this point. 

I don't really agree with the arguments that either Fantastic Four or X-Men should be fast tracked. They only have one shot to get them right and they should take their time to make sure that they do. We've seen too many projects in the last few years that needed more time in preproduction than what they got.

56 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Why the hell is the show called Echo then? I've never seen a studio more ashamed of their own characters.

Yeah, changing the power set seems weird b/c the whole point of her name references the power set...

And correct me if I'm wrong, but she didn't display some huge powerset in Hawkeye, right?

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I dunno. Fant4stic came out just two years before the merger, so I think waiting for things to cook before rebooting was smart. Same with X-Mens upcoming reboot from Dark Phoenix 

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I was just thinking. Eternals 2 was never happening anyway but Ant-Man & The Wasp Quantumania and potentially The Marvels flopping just will solidify that. 

Its basically kill the bloat. I just hope Shang Chi doesnt suffer the COVID curse. It actually did OK.

Marvel will have to control budgets. I could see Avengers move out a bit until they build up again or a mini Avengers before a two parter.